Yamaha CP4 STAGE 88-Key Wooden Key Stage Piano
Stage Digital Pianos
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Yamaha's finest digital piano.
The CP4 is simply the best stage piano Yamaha has ever made. The CP4 Stage features sounds from Yamaha's Premium Collection of hand crafted grand pianos including the CFX, CFIIIs and the S6. Vintage electric pianos complete with Virtual Circuit Modeling stomp box effects and a variety of Bass, Clav, Organ, Strings and Pad sounds from their flagship Motif round out the sound set so you're ready for any musical situation. Yamaha's Natural Wood Graded Hammer keyboard with Synthetic Ivory Keytops (with real-wood white keys) gives you the perfect piano touch and response. The CP4 Stage's slim, lightweight design (38lb.) combines portability with elegant style. Most importantly, an easy to understand interface with large lighted buttons for splits and layers gives you all the controls you need right at your fingertips and the easy to read, ultra-bright fluorescent display make the CP easy to use even on the darkest stage.
"Premium GP" features the authentic sound of Yamaha Premium Grand Pianos. As the largest acoustic piano manufacturer in the world we were able to hand select from our vast collection of hand-crafted grand pianos to create the sounds heard in the CP4 STAGE.
[CFX] [CFIIIS] The Evolution of Excellence
The new flagship of the CF Series, the CFX full concert grand piano represents the pinnacle of Yamaha's tradition of piano crafting. Beautifully made and with an exquisite tone that extends across the entire dynamic range, the CFX has the power to project its sound to the furthest reaches of any concert hall.
The CFIIIS is another superb full concert grand piano hand-crafted by Yamaha, with a full, bright sound and resonant, authoritative bass that make it perfectly suited to ensemble performance.
[S6] A Warmer More Delicate Sound
The S6 offers a lush tonal presence with a warm, subtle depth to its sound. Featuring select bridge materials and new refinements in the specifications of its copper-wound springs, the S6 delivers a rich, resonant tone with a perfectly pitched, harmonious bass, making it the idea piano for accompanying vocals or quiet ballads.
The CP STAGE features an impressive selection of vintage electric pianos from different eras, enhanced by Yamaha's renowned Virtual Circuitry Modeling technology, which allows the reproduction of the classic stomp box effects that were such an integral part of their sound.
[CP80] The Electric Grand
Striking its strings with an authentic grand piano action and using pickups to convert their vibration into an electrical signal, the CP80 is an electric grand piano in the truest sense. The moment this instrument burst onto the scene it won immediate acclaim for its pronounced attack and unique harmonic overtones.
[DX7] The Historic DX Electric Piano
Operating on the principle of FM tone generation, the Yamaha DX Series debuted at the beginning of the eighties as the world's first digital synthesizers. The impressive variety of sounds that the DX made available left musicians around the world in awe, particularly the electric pianos, which quickly found a home in many different musical scenes.
[Rd I] [Rd II] Synonymous with the Electric Piano
Yamaha's Rd I and Rd II offer the timeless electric piano sound that helped define the music of so many artists in the seventies. The Rd I reproduces the tone achieved using tines and hammers, while the Rd II reflects the remarkable progress in musical instrument technology that occurred in the latter half of the decade. From the mellow modulation of a quiet ballad or jazz standard to the percussive attacking sound heard in countless rock classics, the warm resonance of the Rd I and the clarity and power of the Rd II will take you back to this inspiring musical era the moment you begin to play.
[Wr] A Pioneering Electric Piano
Perfectly emulating the distinctive hammer-and-resonator sound of another star of the sixties and seventies, the Wr voices in the CP STAGE offer everything from the thick, powerful tone of earlier models of these renowned electric pianos to the brighter clarity that later efforts achieved. These voices accurately reproduce the playing characteristics of the original instruments, so that a light touch will give a delicate tone, while playing with more force will result in a thicker, uniquely distorted sound.
A simple and intuitive interface gives you instant access to all the controls that you need.
Voice Category buttons lets you call up the sounds you need quickly and easily-you can even store your favorite sounds for each category. In addition to all the great piano voices, a variety of bass, clavinet, organ, strings, and pad sounds based on the sounds in our flagship MOTIF synthesizer round out the voice library, so you're ready for any musical situation.
Layer & Split
One touch is all it takes to layer and split sounds.
The large lighted buttons make it easy to split and layer sounds even on the darkest stages, allowing you to switch from a full piano, to a piano voice layered with strings, or piano with a split bass sound. The Main Solo function lets you go back to playing piano across the entire keyboard the touch of a button.
Yamaha's NW (natural wood) keyboard gives you the perfect piano touch and response
The CP4 STAGE features wooden keys with synthetic ivory keytops and a Graded Hammer action similar to that of a grand piano (the keys in the lower register are heavier and the keys in the upper register are lighter).
Yamaha's innovative GH3 keyboard has three sensors: in addition to two sensors to detect keystroke strength, it includes Yamaha's original Damper Sensor. This enables you to use advanced techniques such as playing the same note repeatedly with perfect articulation, previously only possible on a grand piano, which blends sounds without the use of the damper pedal. You also enjoy the keyboard touch of a grand piano, including keys with weight gradations - heavy in the lower end and lighter in the higher end. The NW (Natural Wood) keyboard, with the same structure as the GH3 keyboard, and synthetic ivory keytops also provide the feel of a grand piano, even the fingertip sensations.
The CP STAGE combines portability with elegant style in a professional package.
- 45 Premium Grand pianos including the CFX, CFIII and the S6
- 47 Vintage electric pianos (tine, reed, DX and original CP80)
- 341 Voices including Basses, Strings, Pads and more based on Yamaha's flagship Motif
- 62 Virtual Circuit Modeling effects, Reverb, Chorus, Master 5 band EQ and Compressor
- Easy Splits and Layers with large lighted buttons
- 88 Note Graded Hammer Wooden Key Action with Synthetic Ivory tops
- Slim, elegant lightweight (38.5 lbs.) design for portability
- FC3 foot pedal for half damper and sound board resonance included
CP4 STAGE 88-Key Wooden Key Stage Piano Specifications:
- CP4 STAGE 88-key Natural Wood Graded Hammer (NW-GH) keyboard with Synthetic Ivory Keytops (with real-wood white keys)
- Tone Generation
- Tone Generating Technology SCM (Spectral Component Modeling) + AWM2
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) 128
- Number of Voices 433 (CFX:15, CF:15, S6:15, Rd:15, Wr:6, CP80:8, DX:18, Clav, Organ:67, Strings, Choir, PAD:86, Others:174, Others(Drum):14)
- Reverb 11 types
- Chorus 9 types (46 presets)
- Master Compressor 1 type (7 presets)
- Master EQ 5 bands
- Insertion Effect 62 types (226 presets) × 2 Parts
- User 128
- Parts 3
- Line Out UNBALANCED [L/MONO] and [R] OUTPUT jacks (standard mono-phone), BALANCED [L] and [R] XLR OUTPUT jacks
- Headphones [PHONES] jack (stereo-phone)
- Foot Switch [SUSTAIN] and [ASSIGNABLE] FOOT SWITCH jacks
- Foot Controller 2 jacks
- MIDI [IN] and [OUT] MIDI terminals
- USB [TO HOST] and [TO DEVICE] USB terminals
- Width 1,332mm (52.4")
- Height 161mm (6.3")
- Depth 352mm (13.8")
- Weight 17.5kg (38.5 lbs.)
- Controllers Pitch bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Part slider × 3, [MASTER VOLUME] dial, Data Dial, MASTER EQUALIZER slider × 5
- Display 40 characters × 2 lines, Character LCD with back-light
- Power Consumption 18W
- Additional package contents Power cord, FC3 foot pedal, Owner's Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM (containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List)