Digital piano with GHS keyboard with matte black keytops.
The Arius YDP-142 digital piano provides authentic piano touch and tone suitable for any aspiring pianist. The Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) action builds proper fingering technique for an easy transition to playing on acoustic pianos. PureCF sampling delivers expressive recordings of Yamaha's CFIIIS 9-foot concert grand piano. Damper Resonance digitally recreates acoustic piano depth when pedaling, while Yamaha's exclusive Intelligent Acoustic Control ensures a full, balanced tone at any volume. The Arius YDP-142's 42" cabinet lends a classic piano look to any home interior.
PureCF sampling starts with a meticulous recording of Yamaha's acclaimed CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano. This recording contains a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo, so you can experience the delicate touch of a soft passage or the pure power of two-handed chords.
Authentic to the touch
A weighted action with heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end is just like the hammers inside an acoustic piano. Great for the aspiring pianist, practicing on the GHS action builds the proper finger technique for when the time comes to perform on an acoustic piano. To make the YDP-142 be your favorite, you can select touch sensitivity from 3 types - hard, medium, or soft - depending on your finger strength or playing style. You can play with your favorite keyboard setting which matches to you.
Smooth, continuous pedaling
Continuous or half-damper pedal control provides detailed nuance and subtlety experienced when pedaling on a grand piano. This is done by allowing continuously increasing amounts of note sustain, from slight to full, as you depress the sustain pedal deeper.
True sound that resonates
Damper Resonance digitally reproduces the sympathetic interaction between strings on acoustic pianos. When the damper pedal is used in a performance, the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released.
Optimal tone at any volume level
The Acoustic Optimizer is a new, unique Yamaha technology. Using a special design and position within the instrument, the Acoustic Optimizer physically adjusts the acoustical flow, which controls resonances and enriches the overall sound. The combination of Acoustic Optimizer and digital technologies provides an incredibly expressive capability.
Capture your performance
The built-in, 2-track song recorder is a great way to capture a performance and play it back to hear your progress. You can also record the right and left hands separately for hands-separate practicing at any tempo you're comfortable with. Now you can practice one hand, while song recorder plays the other.
Discover an inspiring combination
Combine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience. Nothing livens up piano practice like playing a piece with a different sound, and combining two sounds together takes that creativity a step further.
Ready to play, side-by-side
Up to two people can enjoy playing the piano together in total privacy. Practice as much as you need before unplugging the headphones to let others hear your progress.
A piano with its own repertoire
50 classic piano songs are provided in the built-in song memory and also as a music book, "50 Greats for the Piano." Learn how to play these pieces at your own pace either one hand at a time or at a reduced tempo. Or just listen to the songs as background music.
The power to play more
Provides enough horsepower for dropout-free performances even while layering two Voices and playing two-handed, sustained chords with heavy pedaling. So as you become a more advanced player, your digital piano can respond to your skill level.
- Authentic weighted piano action
- Continuous or half-damper pedal control
- Damper Resonance for true sound that resonates
- Acoustic Optimizer technology for optimal tone at any volume level
- Built-in 2-track song recorder
- Combine two Voices like piano and strings for added inspiration
- Practice side-by-side with dual headphone support
- 50 classic piano songs provided in the built-in song memory
- Sustain pedal sold separately
Realize your piano potential with a Yamaha ARIUS digital piano.
Arius YDP-142 88-Key Digital Piano with Bench Specifications:
- Size & Weight
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 53-7/16" x 32-1/16” x 16-5/8"
- Weight: 38kg (83 lbs., 12 oz)
- Control Interface
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard with Matte Black Keytops
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Number of Pedals: 3
- Half Pedal: Yes
- Functions: Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
- Language: English
- Key Cover Style: Sliding
- Music Rest: Yes
- Piano Sound: Pure CF Sound Engine
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: 10
- Reverb: Yes
- Damper Resonance: Yes
- Intelligent Acoustic Control: Yes
- Number of Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- Number of Songs: 1
- Number of Tracks: 2
- Compatible Data Format
- Playback: Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0&1
- Recording: Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0
- Dual/Layers: Yes
- Duo: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: Yes
- Storage and Connectivity
- Internal Memory:
- User song: One song approx. 100 KB Loading song data from a computer : Up to 10 songs; Total maximum size approx. 900KB
- Headphones: x 2
- USB TO HOST: Yes
- Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers: 6W x 2
- Speakers: Oval (12cm x 6cm) x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: Yes
- Power Supply
- Power Supply: AC power adaptor : PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Power Consumption: 9W (when using the PA-150)
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Included Accessories
- Song Book: 50 Greats for the Piano
- Others: Owner's Manual, Quick Operation Guide