Dual LFO with vast combinations.
The STE. 16 is a dual LFO, featuring a HI-freq mode and complex waveform mixing possibilities that produces thousands of different modulation and audio frequency shifts.
The STE's amplitude modulation, frequency modulation, and waveform mixing and blending push the envelope far above and beyond typical/classic four waveform LFOs construction and limit. The 1 SHOT function dramatically transforms the STE into a punchy and varied percussive tool; applied to an external VCA, one can generate compact and expansive, concussive encounters. More experimental tonal space can be explored via the AM function, with LFO 1's starting rate somewhere near the low end of the STE's vibrational spectrum: 5Hz (about 3:40s), and LFO secondi ultimately demanding its 6kHz scream, shatter, and fracture ceiling of thrills and audio frequency chills.
With sixteen waveforms per LFO, setting the initial fragmentizing, gyrating, LoFi digital oscillating proces, can be a highly engrossing pursuit.
- SPEED - Sets rate of LFO.
- 1 SHOT - LFO waveform plays once—needs to be triggered by the reset input.
- HI/LO - In HI mode (6kHz at the top of its range) the LFO reaches the audio range—think LoFi digital oscillator; in LO mode, (starting at 5Hz) a very patient 3:40 long sweep is possible.
- WAVE - Sets one of 16 different waveforms: triangle, sine, dome, ramp up, ramp down, stairchase, square, 1/2 square, impulse, four decreasing squares, random, random increasing, random pulse with, random triangles, pitched noise, and digital noise.
- the type of MIX output.
- FM - Frequency modulation from LFO 2 on LFO 1; the Mix pot will set the amount of modulation.
- AM - Amplitude modulation from LFO 2 on LFO 1; the Mix pot will set the amount of modulation.
- MIX - Mix setting of LFO 1 and LFO 2.
- MX (MIX) - Mix output of LFO 1 and LFO 2.
- CV - Affects the speed via an external voltage.
- RESET - Resets the waveform.
- OUT - Balanced LFO output: FM/M/AM three position switch sets the type or mix of modulation outputted.
- Eleven patch points: 1 SHOT, HI/LO (x2), MX, CV In 1, RESET 1, OUT 1, CV In 2, RESET 2, OUT 2.
- Size - 10hp
- Depth - 25mm with ribbon cable attached
Add expansive versatility to your sound design. Order today.