Roland VP-7 Vocal ProcessorProduct #485383 Roland 485383 CS Sound Modules https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Create harmonies and background vocals instantly, from a single voice to a full-scale choir.
For keyboardists in need of great background vocals, the Roland VP-7 vocal processor is ready to sing. Create harmonies instantly, from a single voice to a full-scale choir, with a microphone and a MIDI connection to the keyboard of your choice. It's simple. Just select a sound type from the front panel and play. The Human Voice section provides rich and expressive choral backing by just playing the keyboard—no singing required. The Roland vocal processing pedal section can automatically generate 2-voice or 3-voice backing harmonies based on the lyrics that you sing into the microphone. And, for classic robot-voice effects, the Vocoder button lets you instantly sound like a vintage vocoder.
The Roland VP-7 lets you create "virtual vocals" with spoken or sung phrases from your own voice. Whether you need a basic harmony or perhaps a vintage vocoder sound, the VP-7 can deliver the interactive, expressive vocal backing you need. Play the desired harmony notes on the keyboard, and sing. The vocal effects pedal can even generate harmonies without singing at all—just play and let the VP-7's Human Voice section do the vocalizing for you.
Operating the Roland VP-7 vocal processor couldn't be easier. Even though the effect pedal itself is compact, the dedicated buttons and knobs are large and clearly labeled. Four knobs provide instant control over volume, Mic level, Harmony mix, and Ambiance level. Large front-panel buttons are provided for selecting the Human Voice type (Female Choir, Boys Choir, Gregorian Choir, and Jazz Scat), for selecting the Vocal Designer type (Duet, Trio 1, and Trio 2), for Bypass, and for activating the Vocoder section.
On Time, On Budget
The Roland VP-7 can be used for a wide variety of musical applications. The vocal effects processor ideal for musicians who perform alone or in small groups, for example, and who need an interactive, realtime backing chorus. The creative possibilities are vast, as are the time/money savings that this instrument can provide.
- Generate vocal harmonies instantly with no vocal skills required
- Dedicated buttons for instant access to the preset sounds
- Four expressive Human Voice sounds, three Vocal Designer choirs, plus vintage vocoder, echo, and reverb
- Dedicated knobs for volume, mic level, harmony mix, and Ambience level
- Bundled with DR-HS5 microphone (designed for Roland's Vocal Designer products)
- Owner's manual
- Hands-free microphone DR-HS5
- MIDI cable
- Tutorial DVD
- AC adaptor (PSB-1U)
Just because you play keyboard doesn't mean you don't deserve great background vocals. Order now.
VP-7 Vocal Processor Specifications:
- Human Voice: Female Choir, Kids Choir, Gregorian Choir, Jazz Scat
- Vocal Designer: Duet, Trio1, Trio2
- Vocoder: Vocoder1, Vocoder2, Vocoder3
- Variation: Male
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Master Tune: 438Hz to 442Hz
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT (MIC): -50 to -10 dBu
- Controller: Harmony Knob, Ambience Knob, Tuning Knob
- Connectors: (Headphone Jack) Stereo miniature phone type, (Output Jacks) L/MONO, R 1/4 inch phone type, (Line Input Jack) Stereo miniature phone type, (Mic Jack) 1/4" phone type or XLR type with phantom power, (Foot Pedal Jack) Bypass on/off, (MIDI Connector) in, DC in jack
- Power Supply: DC 9V: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 550 mA
- Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 240mm x 144mm x 64mm. (9-1/2" x 5-11/16" x 2-9/16")
- Weight: 800g, 1lb. 13 oz.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Roland VP-7 Vocal Processor:
Pros: This unit is small and is easy to place on your keyboard or amp. The controls are very easy to use and I was suprised at the midi interface working right out of the box. I did not have to program any of my keyboards specially to use this device. Cons: There is no XLR output. I'm sorry but it sucks that you are going from XLR to dual 1/4" jacks. Yet another power supply hanging under the keyboard. The harmonies are ok, but it did not "wow" me on the 1st use. The vocoder works well. So far, I'm happy with the unit, it almost trains you to sing the correct key to get the harmony to lock. Summary; There are other processors out that that do more, but with the size, and being able to control it through the keyboard I am happy with the VP7. Im just not slap me silly with it's performance. All in all, I would probably look at different units if shopping for this type of device.