Roland INTEGRA-7 SuperNATURAL Sound Module
Rackmount Sound Modules
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A powerhouse 16-part module with over 6,000 built-in sounds with a fast and fluid workflow.
Roland's INTEGRA-7 gives musicians a goldmine of the latest SuperNATURAL sounds and Behavior Modeling technology in a fast-access, fully stocked 16-part module. The powerhouse rack comprises a “greatest hits” collection of sounds from Roland’s flagship keyboards and V-Drums modules, plus a coveted lineup from the legacy SRX library. It also introduces a new technology called Motional Surround, a 17-part ambience engine that lets you graphically control the distance and position of each part within 360-degree sound field. With the immense power of the INTEGRA-7, you can create amazingly realistic and detailed orchestral arrangements, immersive, spatial sounds, and so much more.
SuperNATURAL-Powered Music Production
The core of the INTEGRA-7 is its SuperNATURAL sounds with Behavior Modeling technology. SuperNATURAL not only mirrors the sounds of acoustic instruments, it also simulate the behavior of instruments when they’re played. With SuperNATURAL, sounds come to life under your fingers.
Whether used in acoustic or electronic domains, the INTEGRA-7 puts a world of expressive sound in your hands. Go deep inside the programming engine and customize your own sounds, or let the INTEGRA-7 do it all for you. With so many great sounds onboard, and with the INTEGRA-7’s organic response to how you play your keyboard/controller, you’ll experience a new level of realism and effortless expression.
The INTEGRA-7’s SuperNATURAL powers also reach beyond acoustic instruments. It’s loaded with SuperNATURAL synth tones that meticulously recreate the fat sound of beloved vintage synthesizers, their expressive filters, and unique envelope behaviors. Hundreds of PCM waveforms are onboard as well, providing a treasure trove of classic digital-synth sounds prevalent in the ’80s and ’90s. You can even edit the sounds intuitively on an iPad with the dedicated editor app.
SuperNATURAL Drums and SFX
In addition to the expressive acoustic tones and full-blown synth engine under the hood of the INTEGRA-7, you’ll find a SuperNATURAL drum engine derived from Roland V-Drums. Thanks to Behavior Modeling Technology, the INTEGRA-7 can groove like a real drummer. Drum kits respond smoothly and naturally to velocity, with seamless tonal transitions from soft to loud. Play fast drum fills that don’t sound like fake machine-gun fire, and create fluid snare, tom, and cymbal rolls with real-time control of their speed and volume via mod lever. The drum engine even has its own ambience effect, plus six COMP+EQ sets, which you can apply to the drum instruments individually.
The newly created SFX kits offer a variety of stunningly realistic sounds, such as car crash, door slam, footsteps, birds, river, and more. Great for film scoring, some of the effects offer real-time control. For example, using the mod lever, you can realistically control the sound of a virtual audience (the amount of clapping and cheering) or the sound of an ocean tide, rain, and wind.
Essential Legacy Sounds Onboard
Roland has a long, celebrated history of creating top-selling synthesizers, and many musicians still rely heavily on their legacy gear. With the INTEGRA-7, a “greatest hits” collection of previous Roland synths is built in. All of the sounds from the XV-5080 are onboard, plus all 12 titles from the SRX Expansion libraries, including SRX-05 Supreme Dance with essential electro sounds from vintage TR-808 and -909 drum machines, SRX-06 Complete Orchestra with a huge collection of orchestral instruments and dramatic sound-effects, and SRX-09 World Collection that’s like an audio encyclopedia of ethnic instruments including rare, hard to find samples. The INTEGRA-7 is equipped with four virtual expansion slots, which can be used to load four SRX libraries simultaneously. With all of these classic sounds instantly available, plus a new stockpile of enhanced SuperNATURAL sounds, the INTEGRA-7 brings the past, present, and future together in one convenient instrument.
Motional Surround — derived from Roland’s proprietary RSS (Roland Sound Space) technology — lets you control not only the left/right panning of sounds, but also their depth, even placing them behind you. A solo instrument can be placed nearby, for example, while the backing or percussion instruments can be placed at a distance, thus creating a sound field with natural width and depth. Motional Surround is particularly stunning when applied to orchestral simulations. This exciting new sound processing can also be applied to external audio; connect an audio player or instrument to the INTEGRA-7’s inputs and immerse it in Motional Surround. Adjust the parameters in real time via MIDI, as well as with the dedicated iPad app or VSTi plug-in editor for DAWs such as SONAR. You can even record Motional Surround movements in SONAR for automated playback. Motional Surround supports two-channel output, so you can experience the effect with just two speakers or headphones! 5.1-channel output is also supported for maximum impact with five speakers and a subwoofer.
The hardware design of the INTEGRA-7 is stylish and sturdy. Housed in a rugged metal chassis, it’s beautifully designed and built to withstand decades of use, whether in a studio or a touring road rack. The INTEGRA-7’s internal components are premium grade, including high-quality, low-noise D/A converters. It’s also equipped with dedicated effects engines, so you don't have to worry about CPU load; each of the 16 parts can have their own MFX and EQ, rather than sharing the same effects for all parts.
Across the INTEGRA-7’s front panel are dedicated buttons for accessing sounds and effects quickly, plus a large value dial surrounded by navigation keys. The LCD is easy to see, and you can adjust its contrast and brightness to suit the viewing angle and lighting conditions.
On the rear panel is an array of versatile connectors, including stereo XLR outputs, 8 individual 1/4" phone outs, a digital (coaxial) output, MIDI in/out/thru, and a USB port that supports audio streaming at rates up to 24-bit/96kHz. For convenience and flexibility, input jacks are provided on both the rear and front panels.
Cool Features and Add-Ons
The INTEGRA-7 is packed with innovative and powerful features, including a Tone Finder wizard that organizes the 6,000-plus onboard sounds into logical categories for quick location. Simply press the dedicated Tone Finder button and choose your category; once you find a sound, press the volume knob/button to preview it. The preview plays a suitable phrase for each sound, so you know what kind of articulation behavior it’s able to produce.
Other noteworthy features included an ultra high-quality GM2 sound set (uses all four virtual slots) for playing SMF files via external sequencers, six additional SuperNATURAL sounds (uses one virtual slot each), a front-panel USB memory port (which lets you conveniently store your settings on a USB thumb drive), and a custom iPad Editor App for iPad users who wish to control the INTEGRA-7’s synth parameters, part mixer, and Motional Surround remotely, as well as selecting sounds and reading/loading the 16-part Studio Sets. Perfect partners for the INTEGRA-7 are Roland’s new A-88 and A-49 MIDI controller keyboards (sold separately). The SuperNATURAL button on the A-88/-49 automatically assigns the INTEGRA-7’s most appropriate parameters to the mod lever, knobs, and D-BEAM for controlling the selected SuperNATURAL sound.
- Flagship synth module with over 6,000 sounds built-in
- The latest SuperNATURAL sounds with enhanced Behavior Modeling technology for expressive acoustic instruments and accurate reproduction of performance articulations
- Powerful SuperNATURAL synth engine with fat analog synth models and vintage filter types
- Dynamic SuperNATURAL drum engine with natural tonal change derived from Roland V-Drums
- Producer’s “must-have” SRX Expansion sound library built in; all 12 SRX titles included
- Dedicated multi-effects and EQ for each part (16 parts), plus dedicated COMP+EQ (use six simultaneously) for drums and ambience parameters for SuperNATURAL drum kits
- Innovative 17-part Motional Surround ambience engine for stereo, headphone, and 5.1-channel output
- INTEGRA-7 Editor for iPad and Motional Surround VSTi Editor for SONAR software
- Maximum polyphony: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 16 parts
- Tones: SuperNATURAL Acoustic, SuperNATURAL Synth, SuperNATURAL Drum Kit, PCM Synth, PCM Drum Kit * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Expansion virtual slots: 4 Slots * The following titles are loaded from the internal memory into the virtual slots.
- SRX-01 Dynamic Drum Kits
- SRX-02 Concert Piano
- SRX-03 Studio SRX
- SRX-04 Symphonique Strings
- SRX-05 Supreme Dance
- SRX-06 Complete Orchestra
- SRX-07 Ultimate Keys
- SRX-08 Platinum Trax
- SRX-09 World Collection
- SRX-10 Big Brass Ensemble
- SRX-11 Complete Piano
- SRX-12 Classic EPs
- ExSN1 Ethnic
- ExSN2 Wood Winds
- ExSN3 Session
- ExSN4 A.Guitar
- ExSN5 Brass
- ExSN6 SFX
- ExPCM HQ GM2 + HQ PCM Sound Collection
- * The SRX Series and the Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds use one virtual slot per title.
- * The Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds use all four virtual slots.
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 67 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems
- Motional Surround
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master EQ
- 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- PHONES jack (stereo 1/4" phone type)
- INPUT jacks (L, R) (1/4" phone type, Front)
- INPUT jacks (L, R) (1/4" phone type, Rear)
- OUTPUT A (MIX) jacks (L, R) (1/4" TRS phone type)
- OUTPUT A (MIX) jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- OUTPUT B jacks (L, R) (1/4" phone type)
- OUTPUT C jacks (L, R) (1/4" phone type)
- OUTPUT D jacks (L, R) (1/4" phone type)
- DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack (COAXIAL)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT, THRU)
- USB COMPUTER port (Audio/MIDI)
- USB Memory port
- AC IN jack
- Owner's manual
- DVD-ROM (SONAR LE)
Take this powerful single-rack module and take your music to a whole new level. Order today!
INTEGRA-7 SuperNATURAL Sound Module Specifications:
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 481mm x 262mm x 89mm, 18-15/16" x 10-3/8" x 3-9/16"
- Weight: 3.9kg, 8lb. 10 oz.