This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Easily travels the road between inspiration and performance.
The Roland Fantom-G8 Workstation is a dream keyboard instrument that redefines the boundaries of playability and creativity. Roland has included an advanced sound engine, revolutionary ARX SuperNATURAL> expansion bay, large-sized color LCD, powerful new audio/MIDI sequencer, first-class "Ivory Feel" weighted keys and more to the Fantom-G8.
Advanced Sound Engine
Driven by a powerful new audio processor, the Roland Fantom-G provides new sonic depth and versatility. With twice the wave-ROM capacity of its predecessor, it contains a treasure trove of Roland's world-famous SRX-quality sounds, but what really sets this instrument apart is its new ARX expansion, which allows additional SuperNATURAL sound-sets and fully dedicated synth and effects engines to be added to this already powerful live workstation.
SuperNATURAL ARX Expansion
Fantom-G workstation provides ARX slots that accommodate two SuperNATURAL expansion boards. SuperNATURAL is Roland's unique behavior-modeling technology that enables a new level of organic, emotional expression previously unattainable in synthesizers. Applied to traditional-instrument sounds, SuperNATURAL enables the delicate, organic tonal changes and playing nuances of real musical instruments. It's also a powerful tool for electronic and non-traditional sounds, breathing amazing new life and expression into synthesis.
Power Sequencer Onboard
The Fantom-G is the first Roland instrument to feature Roland's newly designed power sequencer. In conjunction with the large-size LCD, this pro-level composition tool provides 128 tracks (including 24 audio tracks) in a fully integrated audio/MIDI graphical environment. A mouse can be also incorporated for computer-like speed and ease. Other convenient features include combo XLR and TRS connector, phantom power for condenser mics, Hi-Z input for guitar and bass, and line input.
Luxurious Extra-Wide LCD
One look and touch and you'll know that the Fantom-G is an instrument without equal. Only the highest-quality materials have been used to create this dream synth, with a stylish, futuristic design that will turn heads. Front and center is the extra-large 8.5" wide TFT color LCD for enhanced productivity. A first-class assortment of hands- on controls is provided as well, including eight sliders, four knobs, and ten buttons below the LCD.
Fantom-G is loaded with a state-of-the-art effects engine, with multi-effects available for each Fantom-G sound/part. In 16-part multi-timbre mode, up to 22 effect routings can be used simultaneously. Create complex setups with 16 insert effects per multitimbral patch group, plus global reverbs and choruses. Mastering effects are provided for polishing songs created with the onboard sequencer.
Supreme Keyboard Feel & Action
The Fantom-G8 is outfitted with Roland's top-of-the-line PHA II "Ivory Feel" keyboard. This amazing keyboard technology reproduces the real surface feel of ivory acoustic piano keys providing a familiar stability and comfort to the pianist. The white keys have a two-piece structure which reduces the developed keyboard surface material is designed to absorb moisture, ensuring a secure, slip-proof feel that your fingers will love.
- Advanced sound engine with double wave capacity of previous flagship workstations
- 2 x ARXexpansion with SuperNATURAL—the world's greatest performance-expression technology
- Graphic user interface with extra-large 8.5" wide color LCD and mouse connectivity
- Newly developed onboard audio/MIDI sequencer with 128 tracks, including 24 audio tracks
- Multi-FX for each part; up to 22 effects routings can be programmed simultaneously
- Top-of-the-line keyboard action; weighted PHA II "Ivory Feel" keyboard on Fantom-G8
- Heavy-duty casing with aluminum panel
Easy-to-play setup combined with powerful synthesis and sampling make this a workstation for the stage and studio! Order yours today!
FANTOM-G8 Workstation Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88 keys, PHA II, Ivory feel, with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Mamimum Polyphony: 128 voices, shared with the sampling section
- Parts: 16 parts (Internal) + 16 parts (External) + 2 parts (ARX)+ 24 parts (Audio Track)
- Wave Memory: 256MB (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Waveforms: 2,153
- Preset Memory:
- Patches 1,500 + 256 (GM2)
- Rhythm Sets 64 + 9 (GM2)
- Live Sets 512
- Studio Sets 128
- Patch Multi-Effects (PFX) 16 systems, 76 types
- Multi-Effects (MFX) 2 systems, 78 types
- Chorus 1 system, 3 types
- Reverb 1 system, 10 types
- Input Effects 1 system, 6 types
- Mastering Effects 1 system, 3-band compressor
- Data Format: 16-bit linear, .WAV or .AIFF
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- Maximum Sampling Time
- [When sampling memory isn't expanded (32MB)]
- mono: 360 sec. approx., stereo: 180 sec. approx.
- [When sampling memory is expanded with DIMM (544MB)]
- mono: 108 min. approx., stereo: 54 min. approx.
- Number of Samples per one project: 2,000
- Sequencer Section:
- MIDI tracks (Internal/External/ARX): max. 128
- Audio track: max. 24
- Tempo track: 1
- Beat track: 1
- Resolution: 480 TPQN
- Tempo: 5.00 to 300.00
- Song per one project: 50
- Phrase per one project: 2,000
- Note Capacity per one project: approx. 1,000,000 notes
- Song Length: 9,998 measures
- Recording Method
- Realtime recording
- Step recording
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Control Knob x 4
- Control Slider x 8
- Assignable Switch x 2
- D Beam Controller
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- A (MIX) Output Jacks (L/MONO, R)
- 1/4 inch TRS phone type
- B Output Jacks (L, R): 1/4 inch phone type
- Input Jacks (L/MONO/MIC, R): 1/4 inch phone type
- Mic./Guitar Input Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type / XLR type (Phantom power)(Hi-Z)
- Pedal Jacks:
- Hold Pedal Jack (Half Pedal recognition)
- Control Pedal Jack (assignable) x 2
- MIDI Connectors:
- IN, OUT, THRU
- USB Connectors:
- USB Computer Connector (supports file transfer or mass storage class, and Audio/MIDI)
- USB Mouse Connector
- Digital Audio Interface: COAXIAL INPUT / OUTPUT, AC Inlet
- Arpeggiator 128
- Arpeggio Sets 128
- RPS Sets 32
- Rhythm Pattern Sets 32
- Chord Memory 128
- Chord Memory Sets 128
- Display: Graphic Type, 8.5", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color)
- Pads: 16 pads, Velocity and Polyphonic Aftertouch sensitive
- Expansion for sound generator: ARX expansion boards: 2 slots
- Expansion for sampling memory: DIMM: 1 slot, supports PC133, CL=2/3, 3.3 V, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB
- External Storage Device: USB Flash Memory
- Power Supply: AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60Hz), AC 220 V (60Hz)
- Power Consumption: 30 W
- Owner's Manual, CD-ROM (Editor, USB MIDI driver), Power Cord
- Expansion Board: ARX Series, Keyboard Stand: KS-V7 (Fantom-G7/-G6), KS-18Z (Fantom-G8/-G7/-G6), KS-G8 (Fantom-G8), Pedal Switch: DP series,
- Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Expression Pedal: EV-5, USB Flash Memory: M-UF1G, M-UF128, Microphone: DR series, Headphones: RH-series
- Size and Weight
- Width: 55 inches, 1,396 mm
- Depth: 19-13/16 inches, 502 mm
- Height: 7-1/4 inches, 183 mm
- Weight: 70 lbs. 9 oz., 32.0 kg
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Roland FANTOM-G8 Workstation:
I have been playing professionally since the mid 80'a and I have played alot of keyboards in my day but after purchasing the Fantom G8 my prayers were finally answered. It was like someone had finnaly listed to what I have been asking for and put those suggestins to use. I play live and record in the studio and roland has finally given me the best of both worlds in one package. This keyboard has the ability to be split the keyboard in up to 8 sections in LIVE Mode and you can transpose those sections into whatever octave and key you wish any where on the keyboard (holy Smokes) I have several other boards that I have been using and had to have for live performance but I have them for sale now that I have sampled all my favorite patches with the G8 and saved them into the handy dandy librarian software and I also put them on some flash drives that can be plugged into the G8 whenever I need them or I can have them in the G8 permantly. I have all my sets setup in live mode where you can store up to 512 song sets all with eq, fx, amp sims and volumes sets one right after the other. The factory sounds are not that greaest on this board, thats because Roland gives us the patches in a state that are not colored with someone elses idea of what they should sound like - just like when you are sampling (you want a dry sound without alot of effects that can not be removed later, this way you can get exactly what you are looking for with the vast array of tools that are provided to shape your sound the way you like it. The G8 is also a production workstation that could handle any Demo out there with awesome on board effects and mixer as well as seemless intergration with my DAW system and Software. The G8 will be very difficult to beat performance and features for some time to come.