Roland BK-5 Backing Keyboard
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A 61-key auto-accompaniment machine ideal for the one-man or woman band.
The BK-5 features high-quality, fresh sounds combined with an easy user interface and advanced features. It's the perfect partner for the "one-man band" as well as music hobbyists and amateurs. Powered by a state-of-the-art Roland sound engine, the BK-5 is packed with over 1,100 great sounds and dozens of drum and percussion kits. The instrument is able to handle 128 voices simultaneously, and is compatible with a variety of voicing formats, including GM2, GS, and XG Lite. Feed the BK-5 a Standard MIDI File, buckle up, and get ready for a great-sounding band.
In addition to playing MIDI files with its internal sound generator, the BK-5 can also play and manipulate audio files. Play MP3 or WAV files via USB and use the onboard controls to change key signature and tempo to best suit your vocal range or performance style. You can also use the BK-5's Center Cancel feature to minimize the vocals from pre-existing songs to create instant karaoke-style sing-along tracks.
To expand the capabilities of the BK-5, a USB port is provided for connecting to industry-standard USB storage devices such as a USB key or self-powered USB hard disk for playing and modifying/saving files. You can also use the USB port to record your performances as audio files (WAV, 16-bit/44.1KHz linear format) on a USB storage device.
The BK-5's composite video output can be connected to an external monitor, which allows the audience or other musicians onstage to follow the lyrics and chord symbols of the performed song. Turn your show into a multimedia experience!
- Self-contained, do-everything keyboard with auto-accompaniment engine and built-in sound system
- Wide selection of sounds, Music Assistants, and Rhythms that cover a wide landscape of musical genres (including East-Europe, Latin-America, Asia, and more)
- Friendly graphical user interface
- Onboard effects, including reverb, chorus, EQ, multi-band compressor, and dozens of multi-effects
- Music rhythm compatibility with Roland BK-7m/E-series/ G-series/VA-series instruments
- Compatible with backing formats (SMF, MP3, WAV, and Rhythm) directly from USB memory; instant audio recording onto USB memory
- Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- Video output to share SMF/MP3 Lyrics with friends or the audience on an external screen
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Display: 160 x 160 dots Graphic LCD (with backlit)
- Max. Polyphony: 128 voices (GM2/GS/XG Lite compatible)
- Sounds: 1,172 tones, 60 Drum Sets
- Multitimbral parts: 3 realtime parts (UP1, UP2, LWR) + 16 song parts
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2Hz
- Key Control (Transpose): -6 to +5 in semitones (for audio/MIDI data)
- Tempo change: 20 to 250BPM for SMF and rhythms, 75 to 125% for MP3 and WAV files
- Part mute functions: TRACK MUTE (Rhythms, SMF), CENTER CANCEL (mp3, WAV, AUDIO INPUT signals)
- Realtime parts (UP1, UP2, LWR), Rhythms/SMF section:
- Reverb: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- Chorus: 8 types (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- MFX: 84 types for real-time parts (selectable via Tone Part MFX)
- MFX: A & B for rhythm and SMF section (selectable via Makeup Tools)
- Parametric EQ: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- Multi-band compressor: 6 presets + 1 User memory
- Rhythms: 305 in 6 "Rhythm" families (localized rhythms for specific areas are included in the WORLD 1 and WORLD 2 families)
- Rhythm Composer: Internal Rhythm Composer, SMF-to-Rhythm Converter provided as PC application (Windows) on the bundled CD-ROM
- One Touch memories: 4 programmable registrations per rhythm
- Rhythm Makeup Tools: Instrument-oriented editing
- Realtime player: SMF (Format 0/1), KAR, mp3, WAV, mp3+CDG
- Song chord extractor: Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- SMF Makeup Tools: Instrument-oriented editing
- Performance Lists: Unlimited number (storage on USB memory), over 500 "Music Assistant" memories (internal memory), 5 "Factory Song" memories (internal memory Performance memories per List: Max. 999
- Search function: Quick location of SMF, audio and JPG files on the connected USB memory
- Media: USB Flash memory
- Song Save Format: Audio files: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
- Lyrics: SMF, mp3/WAV, mp3+CDG
- Slide shows: Picture folder linked to songs (recommended resolution: 512 x 384 or 1024 x 768 pixels)
- Panel controls: Knobs - VOLUME, Rotary encoder: Data dial
- Speakers: 10cm x 2
- Rated power output: 12W x 2
- Power supply: AC adaptor
- Power consumption: 1100mA
- Auto Off function: Off, 10min, 30min, 240min
- PHONES jack x2: Stereo 1/4" phone type
- AUDIO INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- AUDIO OUTPUT jacks: (L/Mono, R/Mono): 1/4" phone type
- USB COMPUTER connector: Type B, reception and transmission of MIDI data
- USB MEMORY: Type A, data storage devices
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT): Visual Control function
- VIDEO OUTPUT jack: RCA-type (CVBS, PAL or NTSC selectable)
- Foot pedal jack: HOLD, SWITCH/EXPRESSION (programmable)
- Owner's Manual, AC adaptor
- Power cord (for connecting the AC adaptor)
- Music rest
Enter the BK-5 lounge and have a cavalcade of fun. Order today!
BK-5 Backing Keyboard Specifications:
- Size and Weight without music rest:
- WxDxH: 1,044mm x 317mm x 129mm, 41-1/8" x 12-1/2" x 5-1/8"
- Weight: 7.5 kg / 16lb., 9 oz.