Open Box (Blemished) Novation ReMOTE SL COMPACT 49-Key USB MIDI Controller
MIDI Keyboard Controllers
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
It puts the "control" In MIDI Controller.
Based on its name, the Novation ReMote SL COMPACT MIDI Controller may sound like a wireless, handheld device. While it is highly portable, it still needs a USB cable to connect to your DAW. But the idea of a remote control isn't too far off if you are referring more to the word "control" because this 49-note keyboard has a distinct way of taking command of all major sequencers and automatable plug-ins.
The first key element that separates the ReMOTE SL COMPACT 49-key MIDI Controller from its peers is its lengthy, 144-character blue LED backlit LCD display, which shows up to eight assigned parameters at once, with the vital information presented in a logistical fashion. Secondly, the included Automap Universal software cuts out most user setup as sequencer controls, and VST/AU parameters are intuitively assigned and mapped the moment they are booted up. Available parameters then pop up on the screen at which point you can personalize plug-in controls with ReMOTE SL's simple click and control "learn" function. While in Automap Universal Mode, SL's unique PAC (pointer-assigned control) technology combined with its speed dial efficiently provide touch-sensitive control of any parameter on which the mouse pointer rests with an unlimited number of controls.
If you're more of a hands-on person, the Manual Template mode provides 64 different assignable parameters through eight encoders and eight buttons with LEDs combined with eight Group select switches. There's also eight large, velocity-sensitive trigger pads that can be used to trigger samples or help refine a beat you've been messing with. Last, but certainly not least, the Novation MIDI Controller gives you separate, assignable pitch and mod wheels to play and a 49-key, 4-octave semi-weighted keyboard featuring aftertouch.
Small, portable, and intelligently designed, the ReMOTE SL COMPACT MIDI Controller makes sense in more ways then one.
- 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- 4 Octave range
- 7 Velocity curves which are individually assignable for each Template
- Pitch wheel is spring loaded with centre return and front-to-back motion
- Mod wheel is free running with front to back motion
- 1 x 144-character silver LCD display with, blue LED backlit
- Data Ports: 1 x USB MIDI (Win XP/Mac OSX class-compliant)
- MIDI: 1 x MIDI Out, 1 x MIDI In
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4" jack input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4" jack input
- 8 Rotary Encoders with infinite rotation (x4 with Group Select switches A-D)
- 8 Buttons (x4 with Group Select switches B1-4)
- 8 Trigger pads
- Rewind/Fast Forward/Stop/Start/Record/Loop assignable buttons
- Speed dial: rotary encoder, pressing it activates other modes
- Menu button
- Play/Edit/Template/Global/Write buttons
- Display select: encoders, buttons, page up/down and drumpads switches
ReMOTE SL COMPACT 49-Key USB MIDI Controller Specifications:
- Dimensions: 800mm(W), 68mm(H), 260mm(D)
External power supply: Standard 'Centre Positive' 9V DC 600mA (not supplied)
PC: Pentium 3, 800 MHz or higher
(CPU may be higher for laptops)
256 MB RAM
DirectX 9.0b or higher
Windows XP (SP2) or more recent
(Windows 98, Me, NT, or 2000 not supported)
Mac: Macintosh G3 800/G4 733 MHz or higher
(CPU may be higher for laptops)
OS X 10.3.9 with 256 MB RAM,
OS X 10.4.2 or greater with 512 MB RAM