Restock M-Audio Axiom 61 2nd Gen 61-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
MIDI Keyboard Controllers
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
61-key USB MIDI controller with semi-weighted action, assignable aftertouch, 8 MIDI trigger pads, and more.
The M-Audio Axiom 61 controller combines all the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear. More than just a data entry controller, the Axiom 61 features piano-style, semi- weighted keys for a musically satisfying experience. Large dynamic trigger pads make it easy to program beats and trigger one-shot samples—while the knobs, sliders, and buttons deliver complete realtime control over your software. DirectLink mode provides easy, automatic access to common DAW functions including transport, mixer, track pan, and virtual instrument parameters—no complicated setup required. Axiom 61 also features a sleek, angled top panel for easy viewing in any environment.
Serious Production Power
When inspiration strikes, you need a keyboard controller that can translate ideas into killer tracks. That's why Axiom 61 is equipped with an ultra-expressive semi-weighted keyboard and 8 Trigger Finger pads for programming beats with incredible feel. Automatically map Axiom 61 to your DAW with DirectLink—or delve deeper by assigning the pads, encoders, and fader to whatever controls you wish. Each controller can map to just about any MIDI message available, along with independent channel addressing for each. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
Axiom Instrument Mode
With other MIDI keyboards, assigning controls to virtual instruments has never been easy. Now thanks to the Axiom 61 controller's new Instrument mode, a single button instantly maps the fader, buttons, and encoders to any virtual instrument inside your DirectLink-compatible host*. You get direct access to synthesis parameters such as filter cutoff, LFO rate, and envelope settings—without having to manually configure anything. It's almost like turning Axiom 61 into a dedicated hardware synth.
Whether you're on stage or in the studio, your keyboard controller should fuel your creativity—providing all the right information and controls at your fingertips. That's why we designed Axiom 61 with a sleek angled top panel for easier viewing of the display and improved ergonomics. Smooth rotary encoders deliver precise, continuously variable parameter changes, giving you a hands-on feel for the mix. The backlit LCD screen provides informative feedback from DAW hosts, including on-screen display of parameters, settings, and track/VI names. It all adds up to intuitive control over your MIDI software and hardware.
The Axiom series is extremely compact and lightweight and all models are powered directly from your computer's USB bus. Choose the size that's best for your needs, then take your music anywhere you want to go.
- 61-key, velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- DirectLink mode automatically maps faders, buttons, and encoders to common DAW and virtual instrument parameters
- Dedicated Instrument mode button lets you instantly switch between controlling mixer and virtual instrument parameters
- 4 zone buttons for stacking and splitting sounds on up to 4 MIDI channels
- 8 assignable trigger pads
- 8 assignable rotary encoder knobs
- 9 assignable faders
- 9 assignable buttons with LED lights for DAW feedback
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- 6 edit buttons
- Dedicated track up/down, bank , mute, and solo buttons
- Dedicated patch +/- buttons
- Assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Octave up/down; transpose up/down
- Factory presets map controls to popular music software: Xpand!2, Hybrid, Velvet, Strike, Oddity, ImpOSCar, and Minimonsta:Melohman
- 20 non-volatile memory locations
- Memory dump via SysEx
- 4 keybed velocity curves and 3 fixed velocity settings
- 4 pad velocity curves, 3 fixed settings, and unique 'step' velocity curves
- 2 assignable pedal inputs
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X
- Powered via USB or optional power supply
- Built-in USB MIDI interface including standard MIDI In and Out jacks
- All controllers fully programmable to MIDI controller number and channel
- Controller Mute function mutes controller output to avoid parameter jumps
- Snapshot function transmits all current controller settings
- Axiom 61 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Printed quick start guide
- PDF user guide
- Installer CD-ROM
- Ableton Live Lite authorization card*
Axiom 61 2nd Gen 61-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Specifications:
- Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP (SP3)*, 800MHz Intel or AMD, 256 MB RAM
- Windows Vista 32 (SP1) or Vista 64 (SP1), 1 GHz Intel or AMD, 1GB RAM, DirectX 10 or higher
- Windows 7, 1GHz Intel or AMD, 1GB RAM, DirectX 10 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.1, Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM
- * Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not supported
- ** CPU may be higher for laptops. Please check the minimum system requirements for your software, as they may be greater than the above.
- Dimensions: 38" x 2.9" x 11.7" / 96.6cm x 7.3cm x 29.6cm
- Weight: 13.7lb. / 6.2kg
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about M-Audio Axiom 61 2nd Gen 61-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller:
It does what it claims to do, press a button hear a sound with low latency. The keys feel somewhat realistic and the pads are sturdy but there are only 8 of them. The sliders work well and the blue back lit LED is appealing. But, besides the high price tag, I don't like how much time it takes to get it to work properly with my programs (FL Studio and Reason). Took way too long to set it up every time I used it, and I had to download extra programs just to do that! It also comes with a hideous beige USB cord that looks like it came off a Macintosh from 1986. Overall it does the job.