Korg PA3X61 61 Key Workstation with Touch Display
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Korg's flagship professional arranger workstation is better than ever.
The Korg Pa Series has a new flagship: the Pa3X, the most realistic, powerful, and easy-to-use arranger workstation ever produced. For years, Korg's Pa Series has been the most respected, envied, and successful line of interactive arranger workstations on the planet. Once again, Korg has raised the standard of excellence by offering new, richer, and more realistic sounds; creating amazing new features, and offering a fresh - yet elegant - design.
Two to choose from
The Pa3X comes in two different configurations. First is the compact and lightweight 61-key model. Also available is the 76-key version, offering a semi-weighted action and a motorized tilting display. Both keyboards feel great, and both models feature naturally responsive key-on / key-off velocity sensitivity and aftertouch, and both were designed for beginners through to demanding professional keyboard players.
The elegant aluminum cabinet and inspiring user interface was conceived to make a strong visual statement by a renowned team of talented industrial designers from Europe. The main panel has been redesigned and optimized to ensure that sliders and knobs are ergonomically and intuitively well positioned to enhance any performance.
Korg's graphical user interface is now even easier to read and has been renewed with more detailed icons and objects thanks to the new TFT Graphical Color Touch Screen. The screen has been enriched with new side tabs for quick access to the most important functions. The new Search feature quickly locates anything needed during live performance. The 76-key model of the Pa3X also features a motorized tilting display!
PaAS quick-connect monitor
An optional super high-fidelity speaker/amplification bar has been specifically designed to connect directly to the keyboard. Useful for both home use and on-stage monitoring, the PaAS uses Korg's "Easy Connect" system: no additional support, no cables, no power supply needed to deliver crisp, clean full range sound.
Sound quality at its best!
Based on Korg's sophisticated EDS (Extended Definition Synthesis) Engine, the Pa3X provides truly outstanding new sounds. Korg's RX (Real eXperience) Technology and the DNC (Defined Nuance Control) system refine an already powerful sound engine, allowing the performer to accurately and expressively introduce the most subtle nuances and sound articulation. Assignable switches and a ribbon strip have been added to the joystick control; the result is deeper control and even richer expression.
Many demanding professional sampling sessions with some of the finest musicians in the music industry have resulted in more detailed natural sounds than ever before. More than 1,100 sounds, including a new stereo grand piano (with string resonance and damper realism) and new electric pianos from the acclaimed KORG SV-1 stage piano; new wind instruments, basses and stunning guitars; plus new digital drawbars with leakage and key on/off noises provide the perfect sound foundation for any harmonic and melodic need.
More than 100 drumkits, including new Real Ambience Drumkits, give life to any rhythmic texture and sound truly authentic due to the Drums Family Easy Editing, which gives total control over volume, pitch, EQ, ambience, and more.
The vast 256 MB memory (PCM User memory) can be expanded to a massive 512 MB (when calculated as 16-bit linear data), with the optional EXB-M256 memory expansion board, so custom sounds can easily be added. Another first is the Self-Refresh Memory Backup battery for all factory and user PCM data, making start-up of the Pa3X much, much faster. An intelligent re-charging system ensures the battery is always charged.
The internal Sampler is now equipped with a new Sound Compression tool (no loss, 1:2 ratio). The Pa3X can also Load/Import Korg, WAV, AIFF, and Akai samples and export in WAV or AIFF. Sounds can be fully edited, and can now use up to 24 oscillators for each note!
The General MIDI (GM) sound bank has been improved for better compatibility with GM files.
Korg's Finest Effects
The use of premium effects can not only add polish and class to your overall sound; they can also make your music tracks sound more interesting! Korg is famous for its outstanding studio quality effects, and the Pa3X includes the best of the Korg effects library. Up to 8 stereo digital multi-effect processors can be used at once. Over 140 effect types are available, running from the standard reverbs and delays through to the more unusual effects such as vocoding, as well as the new vintage effects from the acclaimed SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
Waves Audio suite
Some effects are suitable for single instruments while others add the final coloring, space and texture to the overall piece. For the latter, the Pa3X includes effects from an industry leader: Waves Audio. The Pa3X includes the powerful MaxxAudio suite, which has been described as "the next generation of audio processing tools". These onboard effects, which include MaxxBass, MaxxVolume, MaxxEQ, MaxxTreble and MaxxStereo, provide unparalleled performance, delivering sound that is louder, clearer, fuller, and more polished.
TC-Helicon Voice Processor
Korg's long-term cooperation with the world leader in vocal harmonies, TC-Helicon, continues in the Pa3X with the new Voice Processor, recognized as the state of the art in vocal and harmony processing. With new features and new algorithms, including even better pitch correction, the TC-Helicon Voice Processor ensures your vocals have the highest possible sound quality. Up to 4 realistic voices plus 2 doubled harmonies are available and can be controlled by the keyboard, MIDI and even MP3 input. Thanks to the new Audio Chord Detection function, chords can be automatically extracted from an audio file and sent to the Vocal Processor! Other 5 effect blocks are available, including Reverb, Delay , ÂµMod and special FX such as Megaphone and Hardtune.
Adaptive Mic Setting is a special feature that puts RX technology to work immediately after connecting the microphone to the XLR/Combo balanced input. This amazing new feature monitors the input signal and auto adjusts parameters such as the Adaptive Gate, EQ, Compression and the De-Esser to make the vocals sound smooth and "studio produced." Adaptive Mic Setting is unique to Korg in the world of Arrangers!
To ensure professional vocal performance, 3 knobs and 3 buttons controlling the most important vocal functions have been added to the top panel within easy reach.
Do it with Style!
The Pa3X delivers over 400 Styles, straight out of the box. Each one is a fully-realized musical environment dedicated to creating a particular musical style. With so many to choose from the Pa3X can provide instant access to a vast and robust range of musical genres. Each Style features 4 Fill In + Break patterns, one for each variation. Using the new Auto Fill function they can be automatically recalled as you move between the four variations. Our international sound team had created many new Styles; and many of our revered and well-known Styles have been improved with new sounds and new effects. The Pa3X holds 1,200 locations for you to save your new Styles and your own settings.
Several new sophisticated parameters which ensure professional and realistic guitar tracks have been added with Guitar Mode 2, making the guitar tracks of every Style rich and authentic.
A new function called Chord Sequencer records your chord progressions on-the-fly allowing the user to immediately play along with their own chord sequence.
The famous Korg XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer Player now supports, in addition to the main music formats, the "+G" format for both MP3 and MIDI files which can be played together. This new feature allows backing sequences to play with enriched lyrics and graphics which can be displayed simultaneously on the on-board TFT display and on an external monitor (with the VIF4 option installed). There is also a Marker Function, allowing direct jumps to a given position in the song. A sophisticated Score Viewer is also available.
Two different MP3 or MIDI files can be played simultaneously and both MIDI and MP3 files can be transposed, accelerated or slowed down. Powerful new technology drives the all new Advanced Vocal Remover, allowing vocals to be removed from MP3 files with unparalleled accuracy. More advanced than a simple center-channel cancellation tool, the Advanced Vocal Remover keeps the original stereo image of the song while removing just the main vocals.
The enhanced 16-track sequencer allows the most sophisticated levels of sequencing, but also provides quick and easy song creation using the Backing Sequence function. And because the Pa3X is very clever, it can record your entire performance! You can run a song, play the keyboard, sing along and everything will be recorded in MP3 format and stored on an external USB device or in the internal Hard Disk (76 version only; optional for the 61 key version).
Particularly useful for live use, the SongBook is a fully programmable and easily searchable Music Database. Each entry contains all the settings required to play a particular song. A single entry can recall a Style, a MIDI file or an MP3, along with all the other performance parameters needed for perfect song playback.
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) sound engine offers improved realism and new vivid sound, including pianos borrowed from the acclaimed Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano, plus Ambience Drums
- Massive internal ROM - plus up to 256 MB of user PCM data (equivalent to 512 MB*) -provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering the best sound quality possible
- Three assignable switches, a four-way joystick, and our unique ribbon strip ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC)
- 61 semi-weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch
- Elegantly designed and reliable aluminum cabinet
- TouchView TFT display; 76-key model features a motorized tilting display
- Professional graphic interface with new Search facility for quickly locating musical resources
- PaAS High-fidelity, optional amplification/speaker bar with Korg's own Easy Connect system (no support, cables, or additional power supply needed)
- Self-refreshing PCM Data memory backup - supported by our own Intelligent Re-Charge system - ensures fast startup
- Improved Style and Performance selection, Over 400 factory Styles; each with 4 variations and 4 Fill Ins + Break, plus 15 user banks for unlimited storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles and settings
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts
- Chord Sequencer function records any chord progression on-the-fly
- Up to 8 Stereo Effects at once, including flexible Master and Insert routing for Styles and songs. New Vintage Effects from the acclaimed SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano
- New TC-Helicon Vocal Processor (VoiceLive2 derived) with dedicated professional effects
- Adaptive Mic Setting provides a virtual sound engineer to automatically set the best EQ/Compressor/Gate settings for your voice
- Professional Final Mastering tools from "Waves Audio" plugins "MaxxAudio " suite.
- New Double MP3/MIDI files player and recorder with Advanced Vocal Remover.
- Enhanced compatibility with Lyrics in graphical format (+G) for MIDI files and MP3 files.
- New Audio Chord Detection function that automatically extracts chords to send to the Vocal Processor from MP3 files.
- Enhanced sound compatibility for GM songs.
- Multi-language extended character set. Lyrics can be showed in their original languages (except the Oriental and the Arabic Languages**)
- Sustain pedal sold separately
- *when calculated as 16-bit linear data
- ** check for the available languages
If you want to discover musical worlds as yet uncharted, explore the Pa3X in depth. Order today!
PA3X61 61 Key Workstation with Touch Display Specifications:
- 61-semi-weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch
- OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System)
- RX (Real eXperience)
- DNC (Defined Nuance Control)
- Natural Ambience Drums Sound Technology
- Multitasking, Load while play feature
- Upgradable Operating System
- Self-Refresh Battery for PCM data
- Tone Generator
- KORG EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator:
- 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators
- Filters with Resonance
- Three band EQ for each track
- Up to 8 Stereo Digital Multi-Effects block system
- 140 Effects types including VOCODER
- Final Mastering Effects by WAVES
- (MaxxEQ, MaxxBass, MaxxTreble, MaxxStereo, MaxxVolume)
- New Voice Processor Technology by TC-Helicon with 7 Effects:
- Four-part Harmonizer, Double, ÂµMod, Reverb, Delay, Filter, HardTune, Pitch Correction plus Compressor, EQ, Gate (Adaptive Mic Setting on the Mic input)
- Sounds / Drumkits:
- More than 1100, including Stereo Piano and GM Level 1 & 2 compatible sounds; more than 90 Drum Kits
- User area: 512 Sounds, 128 Drum Kits
- Defined Nuance Control (DNC) Technology
- Real Drum Ambience
- Digital Drawbars: 9 Footages
- Realtime controls: Assignable Sliders
- Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
- Sampling: Record, Edit, Time Slice, Compression Tool, Load/Import of Korg, Wav, AIFF and Akai files; Export of Wav and AIFF files
- PCM RAM Memory: 128 MB standard (equivalent to 256 MB linear data), expandable up to 256 MB (equivalent to 512MB linear data) with the optional EXB-M256 memory expansion board
- More than 400 preloaded Styles, freely reconfigurable
- 1200 available Style locations including the Favorite banks
- Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings, 4 Pads and one Style Performance per Style Guitar Track 2 mode, Parallel and Fixed NTT
- Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format
- Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions
- Style controls: 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 4 Fills, Break, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Auto Fill, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- Chord Sequencer:
- Realtime Style Chord Sequencer Recorder
- Performance / STS:
- 512 Realtime Performance locations
- STS: Memorize Realtime tracks and Voice Processor settings, up to 4 x 1200 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries
- Realtime tracks:
- Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower) with dedicated on/off and sound select buttons
- Song Play:
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer Player (Supported formats: MID, MID+G, KAR, MP3 + lyrics, MP3+G)
- 2 Players with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls X-Fader Balance control
- Lyrics, Score, and Chord data can be displayed on screen, or on external video monitor (with VIF4 option installed)
- Jukebox function
- MP3 Player / Recorder:
- Double Mp3 Player and Mp3 Recorder
- Two Mp3 files can be played simultaneously in Song Play Mode
- Real Time Transpose (+6/-5 semitones)
- Tempo change (Â±30%)
- Advanced Vocal Remover Record MP3 files including Styles, SMF, Real Time Tracks, Pads, Microphone and Effects
- Audio Chord detection for Vocal Harmony
- Quick Record (Backing Sequence)
- Multitrack and Step Record functions - Full-featured sequencer
- 16 tracks; Up to 200,000 events
- SMF native format
- Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, MP3 with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes
- User-definable custom lists
- Filtering and Ordering options
- "i-Series" models: Styles
- Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad
- Multi Pad:
- 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button - Pad Record function
- Help System:
- Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls:
- Master Volume, Real Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale memorized inside Performance/STS - Realtime controllers: Joystick (pitch + modulation), Ribbon Control, 8 Assignable Sliders, MP3 Volume, Mic Volume, Mic Harmony/Double Vol., Mic Reverb/Delay Vol., 3 Assignable Switches, Tempo +/-, Dial, Up/+, Down/- - Search Function
- Control Inputs:
- Damper Pedal (support half-pedaling with optional DS-1H pedal), Assignable Pedal/Switch, EC-5 (Programmable Multi-Switches)
- Analog Outputs:
- Unbalanced/Balanced Jack Left/Mono, Right/Mono, Out 1, Out 2, Headphones (in the front panel)
- Digital Outputs
- S/PDIF (48kHz - coaxial), mirroring the Main Stereo Outputs
- Line Inputs:
- 2 Unbalanced/Balanced Jack Left/Mono, Right/Mono
- Microphone Input:
- Combo XLR balanced with Gain control (15 to 50 dB) and switchable Phantom Power
- In, Out, Thru; standard Midi connectors
- USB to MIDI using the USB Device port
- Individual track assignment
- 8 user-definable MIDI Setups
- 2 USB Host Front/Rear (2.0 Hi Speed) and 1 USB Device Rear (1.1 Full Speed) connections
- Hard Disk / Mass Storage:
- Standard 4 GB memory USB
- Optional 2.5" SATA Hard Disk Driver (61-key)
- DVD-CD Player / Floppy Disk:
- Optional using standard USB DVD/CD/FD Drives connected via USB Host ports
- Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels - TFT Color TouchView Graphic Touch Screen;
- Internal System Clock
- 35-watt - 50-watt when connected with Amplification Bar (PaAS)
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 38-5/8" x 14-7/16" x 5-11/16" (980 x 366 x 145mm) without music stand
- 32.4 lb.s (14.7kg)