Korg microKORG XL 37 Mini-Key MMT SynthProduct #H86521 Korg H86521 CB Synthesizers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
One of the world's top-selling synthesizers, now in XL form, and no, that doesn't refer to size.
The microKORG XL music synthesizer carries a proud pedigree. Its MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) sound engine is descended from the RADIAS/R3 synthesizers, while its dual effects processors come down from the famous KAOSS line. Based on the same winning combination of a small footprint, mini-keys, battery-powered portability and huge Korg sound, the microKORG XL was designed to expand your musical vocabulary while making it fun with an included gooseneck microphone for synth vocoder experimentation and even a free downloadable bank of sounds created by Korg USA's Thomas Cumming for more inspiration right from the getty.
Besides it's ode to it's predecessors, including square-front keys, the microKORG XL has been enhanced in ways that give it even more remarkable playability. The black key/white key proportions have been adjusted for easier chording and the key response has been improved for rapid-fire soloing. Add to that the sound-bending vocoder and six-pattern arpeggiation, and you've got a 37-key synth that packs a heckuva sonic punch.
The eight-voice MMT synth engine in the microKORG XL music synthesizer offers traditional analog waveforms plus a total of seven algorithms, including formant waveforms, noise, and PCM/DWGS waves for the vintage keyboards and strings sounds you crave. Cross-modulation, unison stacking, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) let you create sounds that would be impossible to generate on a conventional PCM synthesizer. Sync and ring modulation also make it easy to create complex and powerful sounds in seconds. Providing you with even more parameters for serious synthesis creativity, there's also two multi-mode filters, a drive/waveshaping circuit for distinctively distorted sounds, and EG and LFO for creating time-varying tonal change. Virtual Patching brings it all together.
The microKorg XL's 17 state-of-the-art effects deliver everything from a traditional chorus all the way to grain shifting. In addition, delay effects can be synchronized to a MIDI clock for beat-sensitive situations, and you can even process external sounds. Its amazing vocoder adds vocal characteristics to any sound, creating everything from pseudo choirs and talking instruments to vintage Sci-Fi robotic blips and bleeps. Korg's unique Formant Hold allows you to freeze the vocal input for continuous vocoder effects. You can also use the Formant Shift function to adjust the level and pan of each of the 16 bands, greatly altering the tonal character. The distinctive retro-styling of the microKorg XL music synthesizer allows for quick selection of any of the 128 onboard, editable programs. For the die-hard synthesists and sound designers, the three performance edit knobs make fast and effective editing a reality. You're also free to select and assign your favorite parameters - simply download the free Editing software and manage sounds on your computer.
- Display: Custom backlit LCD
- Keyboard: 37-note Natural Touch action
- Switches: 7; Bank (2 position), Octave Up and Down (toggle), timbre select (2 position), Arp On/Off, Vocoder On/Off, Write, Exit/Shift
- Knobs: 7; Volume, tempo, program select (genre and category), real-time assign, edit menu selector
- Wheels: Pitch and Modulation
- Polyphony 8 voices (up to 4 when the vocoder is selected)
- Program: 128
- Number of timbres Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Synth 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Waveform SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT,
- NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO IN
- Modulation WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Waveform SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- Wave shaping
- WS type DRIVE , DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW,
- MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB
- OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL
- Filter 1 -24 dB/oct LPF – -12 dB/oct LPF, HPF, BPF, Thru
- Filter 2 LPF, HPF, BPF
- - Vocoder 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each
- band, Format Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Keyboard 37-note (mini keyboard, velocity sensitive, no aftertouch)
- Effects Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master: master effects (17 effect algorithms)
- Arpeggiator UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types),
- Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs 128 programs (banks A/B x 8 genres x 8 categories)
- AUDIO IN [LINE] jack, AUDIO IN [MIC] jack
- (with AUDIO IN [MIC/XLR] switch)
- AUDIO IN [LINE] jack
- Maximum input level+19 dBu
- Input source impedance8 ohms
- Connector1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- AUDIO IN [MIC] jack
- Maximum input level-11 dBu
- Input source impedance7 k-ohms
- Connector XLR (balanced)
- L/MONO, R jacks
- Maximum output level +6 dBu @ 10 k-ohm load
- Output source impedance1 k-ohm
- Connectors 1/4" phone jacks (unbalanced)
- HEADPHONE jack
- Maximum output level 36 + 36 dBu @ 33 ohms load
- Output source impedance10 ohms
- Connector 1/4" stereo phone jack
- IN, OUT
- USB connector B type
- Included items:
- XLR Gooseneck Microphone with windscreen
Bigger doesn't always mean better. Discover what this small, yet feature packed synth can do for you. Order now!
microKORG XL 37 Mini-Key MMT Synth Specifications:
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 21.89 x 9.09 x 2.87
- Weight: 4.41lb.
- Power supply: DC9V
- Six AA batteries (Approximate lifespan is 4 hours with alkaline batteries)