Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep USB and MIDI Foot ControllerProduct #H70412 Keith McMillen Instruments H70412 CMAB MIDI Foot Controllers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
The first multi-touch USB foot controller.
Keith McMillen SoftStep is an extremely flexible controller allowing you to use it in a variety of ways. You can use it with software on your computer to control effects, looping, sample triggering, etc. Use it with DAWs to control punch-in, panning, levels, and transport functions.
Everything you ever knew about foot controllers is about to change. SoftStep is a leap forward in the portability and functionality of footpedal controllers. Whether used with an effects rack, MIDI keyboard or popular music software, this innovative device frees musicians from heavy footswitch pedals while expanding their control. The SoftStep application works with the SoftStep hardware controller to manipulate sensor data for finely tailored control. These modified control sources are mappable to any MIDI or OSC destination, giving the player unlimited potential for creative expression.
Each of the SoftStep's pads offer 5 degrees of continuous control: X and Y- axis, clockwise rotation, counter-clockwise rotation, and pressure. These control sources can be mapped to any MIDI or OSC destination.
The SoftStep application works with the SoftStep hardware controller to manipulate sensor data for finely tailored control. These modified control sources are mappable to any MIDI or OSC destination, giving the player unlimited potential for creative expression.
Beyond DAW Control
You can also use your SoftStep to control your MIDI synth and/or rack with the SoftStep MIDI Expander (sold separately - see #H70413). In addition to controlling sound, the SoftStep can be used with anything that will accept MIDI or OSC data: lighting effects, video, robotics, pyrotechnics, and more.
- Pressure: Each key is pressure sensitive for expressive control
- Direction: Translate up/down and left/right foot movements into control values.
- Portable: Weighs just 1.3 pounds, stands <1" at its tallest, and is USB powered
- Deep: Up to 6 Note, CC, Pitch Bend, Program, MMC, or OSC messages per key
- Rugged: Elastomeric skin and a carbon fiber backing… "it's beer-proof!"
- Flashy: 4-character LED display, 10 dual-color key LEDs, and EL underglow
- Stage Control: Live, Traktor, Guitar Rig, AmplitTube, MainStage, Loopers and more
- Studio Control: MMC and HUI control for ProTools, Logic and more
- Hardware Control: Avid Eleven Rack, Line6 POD, keyboards, and FX units
- Beyond Sound: Control lighting and video effects, robotics, pyrotechnics, and more
Get on your good foot and control the universe . . . of sound and lights. Order today!