Kawai CE220 Digital Piano
Home Digital Pianos
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Exceptionally fine touch in an elegant digital piano.
The CE220 boasts the AWA PROII wooden-key action, one that has been found on many award-winning Kawai instruments. This was the feature most often cited by owners of the CE200 as the reason for their purchase. With the CE220 Kawai has added to this popular feature several other upgrades and new features as well, including Kawai's Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology with 88-key piano sampling, which produces a more detailed, clear and realistic piano sound. It also comes with a convenient USB to Device capability. This allows you to record a song or practice session to a USB memory stick. The song can then be played on another instrument or loaded into a computer for printing a score or emailing to a friend or teacher.
Another significant upgrade is 192-note polyphony, nearly 100 more than it's predecessor.
Another sweet feature the CE220 has is both a Dual Mode, in which two sounds are played at the same time, and a Split mode, in which one sound plays on the left side of the keyboard and another sound plays on the right side. A special 4-Hands Mode creates two identical 44-note pianos on the keyboard - great for piano lessons or for duets.
The CE220 has a convenient Balance Slider on the panel that controls the balance in a Dual or Splt Keyboard mode, two headphone jacks, a built-in metronome with a variety of time signatures, 100 built-in rhythms, 29 classic piano songs stored insides with an accompanying music book for learning, as well as a MIDI, Line In, Line Out jacks, and an extra USB jack.
Finally, Kawai's designers gave the CE220 a beautiful premium satin black finish with matching bench, a sliding key cover, and three pedals which offer the same functionality as Kawai's world-class acoustic grand pianos.
- Keyboard: 88 Wooden-Key, Graded Hammer
- Action: AWA PROII with counterbalancing
- Sound source: Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology with 88-key piano sampling
- USB to Device
- Max. polyphony: 192
- Internal sounds: 22 voices
- Reverb & Effects: Reverb (5), Chorus, Delay, Temolo, Rotary (2)
- Special Modes: Dual and Split Keyboard, 4-Hands (Duet)
- Balance control: Panel slider
- Piano Music: 29 songs with Music Book
- Functions: Transpose, Tuning, Virtual Voicing, Virtual Technician, Touch Curve (6 plus User), Temperaments (9), Damper Effect, String Resonance, Brilliance, Layer Dynamics, Lower Octave Shift, Layer Octave Shift, Layer Dynamics, Damper Hold, User Memory
- Song recorder: 2-track, 3-song
- Metronome: 7 Beats plus 100 Rhythms
- Display: 3-character LED
- Speaker system: 12cm x 2
- Power: 40 watts
- Pedals: Damper (with Half-Pedal), Sostenuto, Soft
- Key cover: Sliding
- Jacks: Headphone (2), Line In (L/R), Line Out (L/Mono), MIDI (In/Out/Thru), USB to Device
- Finish: satin black with matching bench
Get fine tone, touch, and value when you order the CE220 today!
CE220 Digital Piano Specifications:
- Dimensions: 54" x 20" x 35"
- Weight: 126lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
- Great Value For Money
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
- Touch Sensitive Keys
Comments about Kawai CE220 Digital Piano:
The playing experience of this instrument very closely mimics an acoustic piano. In fact one can't tell the difference between this an an acoustic upon hearing the sound and the touch and action are amazing. Price wise, this is extremely good value for money as well. It was a bit heavier than my previous digital, but given the great quality of the instrument, that's more an observation than a consideration and I'm more than happy to live with that. It was also in excellent condition - good as new though I had bought it "gently used".