Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE Synth Module
Dave Smith Instruments
Table Top Sound Modules
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Legendary vintage sounds in an affordable, all-analog polysynth.
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 PE offers a tabletop "knobby" synth module with all of the features and controls of the Prophet '08 Keyboard (minus the keyboard, of course) in an even more compact enclosure. With real analog oscillators, famed Curtis low-pass filters, and analog VCAs, the Prophet 08 PE Synth is capable of reproducing the familiar sounds of its legendary predecessors. But modern features like a greatly expanded modulation matrix and additional modulation sources—like 3 envelopes and 4 LFOs per voice—take the Prophet '08 PE way beyond the vintage—ear and make this a worthy and unique addition to the Prophet family tree.
The Prophet '08 Synth Module delivers a gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, arpeggiator, split or stacked key modes with separate stereo outputs per layer, and rack ears for optional rackmounting. The Prophet '08 module can also be used as an expander to increase the polyphony of another Prophet '08—keyboard or module—to 16 voices.
- Affordable, full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path
- Classic, real analog sound, including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters, married to a modern feature set
- Small footprint, huge sound
- Tons of knobs for direct, realtime editing and performance
Enjoy classic sounds using modern electronics. Order the Prophet '08 PE Module today.
Prophet '08 PE Synth Module Specifications:
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync
- White noise generator
- 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop
- 4 LFOs
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Analog VCAs
- Ins and Outs
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages)
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack
- Includes power supply for 110V - 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 400 mA) and operation manual
- Dimensions: 3.25"H X 18.5"L x 7"W (8.25cm x 47cm x 17.8cm)
- Weight: 8.5lb. (3.86kg)
- Rack mounted: 4U