A 5-octave keyboard with vintage-style controls and modern sound options.
The Prophet '08 PE (potentiometer edition) is a 5-octave keyboard synth that has all the features of Dave Smith Instruments' standard Prophet '08, but many of the front panel's rotary controls use potentiometers (AKA pots) for more vintage-style control. It features an eight-voice synthesizer with a 100% analog signal path, velocity, and aftertouch. Add to that performance features like an arpeggiator, gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, and the ability to split or stack sounds-and the modulation possibilities make it capable of producing sounds that the classics simply could not.
On board the Prophet '08 PE keyboard synth, you'll find a spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel, 256 fully editable programs with two layers in each program, two digitally controlled analog oscillators, and three envelope generators.
The Prophet '08 PE is an affordable, full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path. Classic, real analog sound, including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters is married to a modern feature set. The electronic keyboard has a compact size with a huge sound and includes tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance.
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync
- White noise generator
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice; selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay)
- Envelope 3-can loop
- 4 LFOs (low-frequency oscillation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Analog VCAs (variable gain amplifiers)
Prophet '08 PE Keyboard Synthesizer Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.875" H x 34.8" W x 12.1" D
Weight: approximately 22lb.
Ins and Outs
MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch
Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages)
Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack