Dave Smith Instruments Mopho x4 Synthesizer Keyboard
Dave Smith Instruments
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Full-sized 44-note analog subtractive synthesizer
Building upon the same award winning voice architecture of the Mopho and Mopho Keyboard, the Mopho x4 boasts huge sound and 4 voice polyphony in an ideally sized, portable, and elegantly designed package. Use it to create huge unison basses, creamy leads, maniacal sequences, and ethereal pads.
Each of Mopho x4's four voices is composed of two analog oscillators, two sub octave generators, selectable 2- or 4-pole famed Curtis low-pass filter, three 5-stage envelope generators, four LFOs, a relatchable arpeggiator, and a 16 x 4 step sequencer. Its voice also comes packed with 20 modulation sources and almost 50 destinations. You can FM the filter to create metallic bell-like sounds and use the feedback path to add subtle or destructive harmonic content to your sound. Mopho x4's 100% analog signal path is powerful, monstrous, and sonically dynamic.
Work less, play more
Mopho x4 is intuitive and inviting. Every parameter is fully programmable and editable from the front panel. The controls are logically laid out, lending themselves to quick access so you can tweak knobs without missing a beat. The x4's full-sized, 44-note semi-weighted keyboard has aftertouch and velocity sensitivity. The sturdy full-sized pitch and mod wheels are freely assignable and sport smooth reliable action.
Expand your sonic horizon
Expand Mopho x4's polyphony using it's Poly Chain port. Mopho, Tetra, and Prophet '08 can all be connected to the x4 to increase its voice count. You can Poly Chain up to three Tetras with Mopho x4 to create a 16 voice analog super synth.
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators per voice capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- Two sub-octave generators per voice (one octave below oscillator 1 and two octaves below oscillator 2)
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter per voice (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators per voice (ADSR plus delay)
- Feedback loop per voice with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs per voice
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer per voice (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Full-sized, 44-note (F to C), semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Full-sized modulation wheel and spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with four banks of 128 read-only factory programs and four banks of 128 user programs (1,024 total)
- USB type B receptacle
- MIDI In, Out/Thru, and Poly Chain
- Left and Right audio outputs: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- Sustain pedal input (accepts normally on or off momentary footswitch with 1/4" phone plug)
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input (1/4" TRS phone jack)
- Headphone output: 1/4" TRS stereo phone jack
- Power supply for 100V - 240V AC operation
- Operation manual
This is one good Mopho (not a bad one)...Order today!
Mopho x4 Synthesizer Keyboard Specifications:
- Dimensions (LxWxH): approximately 25.2" x 11.1" x 3.6" (64cm x 28.2cm x 9.1cm)
Weight: 9.4lb. (4.35kg)
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Electronic Music
Comments about Dave Smith Instruments Mopho x4 Synthesizer Keyboard:
I was pretty sure about my synth choice with the Mopho x4. Lucky i follow my friend's advice to look for an "Open Box" item. It came to me by airplane, as checked baggage on an international flight. 0 complaints. Mind Condition.
Soundwise is amazing. Presets are nice and show a lot of the possibilities. Oscillators with mixer and feedback+noise is solid, filters and resonance is SICK and so is the Sub Osc which really surprised me as how much it helps. Modulation is too much. I have i long way to go to dominate this little powerful synth