Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard Synth
Dave Smith Instruments
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The Mopho Keyboard delivers renowned Dave Smith Instruments' sound in an ultra-portable, feature-rich performance synth.
The Mopho Keyboard is a compact, affordable, and powerful monophonic analog synthesizer. The voice architecture is similar to a single voice of Dave Smith Instruments' Prophet '08, but with a couple of twists to distinguish it from its award-winning sibling. Dave Smith Instruments has added two sub-octave generators (one per oscillator) for additional girth and crushing basses. It also has an audio input that lets you process external audio and mix Mopho's own audio output back in pre-filter for feedback effects that can range from subtle distortion to extreme skronk. It features the same semi-weighted keyboard action as Dave Smith Instruments' Prophet.
The Mopho Keyboard is an affordable, full-featured mono synth with a 100% analog audio path. The Mopho Keyboard features 32 full-sized, semi-weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch in a package about the same size as most 25-note controller keyboards. Choose from its 384 preset sounds or craft your own sounds with 25 soft-touch knobs and 20 switches.
The Mopho Keyboard features 2 oscillators, 2 sub-octave generators, a classic Curtis low-pass filter (2- or 4-pole), 3 five-stage envelope generators with ADSR (Attack Decay Sustain Release) plus delay, 4 LFOs (low-frequency oscillators), and real analog VCAs (voltage-controlled amplifiers). In addition, it also includes an arpeggiator, a gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (with 1 sequence per program), feedback, the ability to process external audio, and an extensive modulation matrix. Hit the Tap Tempo button to beat match or sync the arpeggiator, sequencer, and match LFOs to MIDI clock.
The Mopho Keyboard is fully programmable and all the parameters are logically arranged for easy access on the front panel. A free editor is also available for Mac OS and Windows to facilitate programming.
You can integrate and automate the Mopho Keyboard with your computer and other hardware using standard MIDI jacks or with a direct USB connection. The eagle-eyed musician may find it odd that a monophonic synth has a unison on/off parameter, but when paired with a Dave Smith Instruments' Tetra (sold separately), the Mopho Keyboard makes an incredibly compact, extremely powerful five-voice poly synth. So for a ridiculously compact analog poly synth, use the Poly Chain output along with the Dave Smith Instruments' Tetra (sold separately) to expand the Mopho Keyboard's polyphony.
- Affordable, fully programmable mono synth with a 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- 32-note (F to C) semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with three banks of 128 programs (384 total)
- Full-sized keys with velocity and aftertouch
- USB connectivity
- Free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows
- Real analog sound
- Immediate, hands-on control of all aspects of its sound and performance
- Extremely compact yet has full-sized keys and wheels
- Couples well with Dave Smith Instruments' Tetra (sold separately) for expanded polyphony
- Dimensions: 3.6" H x 18.65" W x 11.1" D
- Weight: 9.4 lb.
- Ins and outs:
- USB, type B receptacle
- MIDI in, out/thru, and poly chain
- Audio input: 1/4" unbalanced
- Left and right audio outputs: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack