The original sounds of analog synthesis in an intuitive interface with more processing power than many multi-core computers.
This Origin Keyboard Synthesizer is Arturia's new version of the Origin Desktop module for the keyboard player. It keeps the outstanding modular system of Origin Desktop, but puts it on a panel that mounts and closes on a high quality keyboard controller.
The intuitive interface is kept in place, along with all of the modules from the most famous synthesizers (Moog Modular, ARP 2600, CS-80, Jupiter-8, Minimoog, Prophet 5, and Prophet VS) and organs (Tonewheel and Rotary).
The integration of the ribbon control is a blast, the keyboard aftertouch possibilities open up worlds of expressivity, while the playing modes are
tuned to the expectations of any demanding performer.
Perform in style
Origin Keyboard is made for sound creators and players”musicians who are in the studio as much as they are on stage.
It is a complete rock-solid mobile solution, offering everything you need to perform your sounds in a single, easily transportable cabinet.
The structure of Origin Keyboard is the same as Origin Desktop, so you keep every astounding component in this version: a modular multi-synth creation device for the widest variety of sounds possible, a set of pre-configured synthesizer templates, TAE (True Analog Emulation) for that warm and authentic analog sound, and onboard DSP processing for maximum power.
Play a premium quality lightweight keyboard with 61 keys, velocity response, and aftertouch. Then use the joystick, the ribbon controller, and the numerous controllers on the interface. Set the inclination of the front panel, whether you want to sit down or stand up when playing. Finally close the panel and you are good to go to the next stage or the next studio session. Origin Keyboard is an invitation to a unique playing experience. As a matter of fact, it is the first laptop synthesizer ever.
Sound with an Attitude
Origin sounds like nothing else on the planet. It not only implements True Analog Emulation, a technology which accurately models analog synthesizers (letting you layer up to four of these monster synths without using any of your computer's CPU), it goes a step further. Origin takes the concept of the analog modular systems of the past to a new level using cutting edge digital technology. You can combine different models from different systems together, effectively designing new synthesizers that have never existed. Take the oscillators from the Minimoog, the filters from the CS-80, and the Bode shifter from the Moog Modular V to create your own synth. How can Arturia manage to do this in a standalone hardware synth? Origin uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC DSP processors that actually have more audio power than even the newest multi core PC processors. Beside that, Origin is not a simple hardware synthesizer, it is an integrated system offering the best out of the hardware and software worlds: Origin can be used as stand alone to play live on stage and also as a plug-in with your sequencer in the studio environment.
The Pinnacle of Processing Power
Analog Devices TigerSHARC Processors provide the highest performance density for multiprocessing applications with peak performance well above a billion floating-point operations per second. In layman's terms, it just means that Origin provides an incredibly warm and phat sound while offering the polyphony of the most recent machines.
Step it Up
Origin also comes with an analog-style 32 step sequencer. This allows you to build complex sequence patterns made of three sub-sequences, and to change the patterns on the fly. It is an extremely intuitive and live-performance-oriented tool.
Compatibility Notice: OS X 10.11 El Capitan (release date 9/30/15)
As with all major operating system updates, it is vital to check the compatibility of your hardware and software before upgrading your system. For new computer owners, it' highly advised to check with manufacturers on when they expect their products to be fully compatible with the latest operating system.
- More than 600 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists
- Create your own patch or use existing audio structures:
- ¢Origin patch made by connecting independent modules from: Minimoog, ARP 2600, CS-80, Jupiter-8, Moog Modular, Prophet VS
- ¢Origin template synths: Minimoog
- Superb audio quality with TAE engine
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony for a typical patch
- Connectivity: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- Selection of high quality effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Parametric EQ, Rotary¦
- 16/32 step sequencer
- Software editor (Mac/PC)
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, Advanced modulation modes, Advanced joystick modes
- MIDI : In, Out, Thru and USB 2
- High Level of Control:
- ¢ultra sensitive 40cm ribbon controller
- ¢high quality semi-weighted 61 keys keyboard, with velocity response and channel aftertouch
- ¢New exclusive duophonic aftertouch
- ¢Modulation and pitch-bend wheels, 3-mode Joystick, 21 potentiometers, 33 rotary encoders, 81 switches
- Ergonomic design
- ¢Self adjustable front panel, from 0 to 135, giving you total setup flexibility.
- ¢5.2" TFT screen for clear visual feedback.
- ¢complete mobile solution, offering everything you need to perform in a single, easily transportable cabinet.
Origin Keyboard Synthesizer Specifications:
- Operating sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
Modes: Program / Multi
Sound generation system: TAE
Polyphony: 32 voices
Synth (modular structure):
Up to 9 oscillators (including analog emulations from the Minimoog, ARP 2600, CS-80, JP8, ProV, noise modules)
Up to 4 wavetables oscillators
Up to 4 filters (switchable multimode filters including analog emulations 1, 2 & 4-poles LP, HP, BP and Notch modes)
Up to 4 output VCAs
Up to 5 mixers (5 "Minimixer" and 1 "Joystick mixer")
Up to 4 poly LFO and 2 mono LFO mono
Up to 8 ADSR Envelopes modules
1 Galaxy module
1 2D envelope
Up to 3 oscillators; one 4-poles LP resonant filter, one mixer
2 envelopes; one LFO and one modulation matrix
Number and types of effects:
10 effects including: chorus, delay (stereo & ping pong), reverb, distortion (including the new tube distortion), dual phase, parametric EQ, bit crusher, ring mode, bypass, rotary.
Structure of effects:
3 effect slots per Program with serial and parallel structures
Three 32 steps free assignable sub-sequences
One shot, loop (forward, backward; forward and backward)
Forward, backward, forward and backward, random
Number of Programs:
1000 programs (400 Factory and 600 User Programs)
1 synth modular or template (Minimoog) structure 3 effect slots 1 sequence
Number of Multis:
256 (100 Factory and 156 User multis)
Multi structure and modes:
Up to 4 Programs slots with Layering, split and MIDI multi modes
21 potentiometers, 33 encoders, 1 joystick
Audio I/O connections
2 audio inputs: 6.35 jacks
1 headphone output: 6.35 stereo jack
2 main audio outputs: 6.35 balanced jacks
8 individual auxiliary outputs: 6.35 balanced jacks
1 foot controller and 1 footswitch controller (6.35 balanced jacks)
IN, OUT, THRU connectors, USB 2 connector
320x236 pixels LCD with 32,768 colors
Dimensions (W — D — H)
40" x 13" x 6" (102cm x 33cm x 16cm)
Origin Connection platform specifications
Windows: Windows XP*/Vista
Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher and Universal Binary
PC/Windows: 512 MB RAM; 1,5 GHz CPU
Mac OS X : 512 MB RAM; 1,5 GHz CPU
USB port required
* Origin Connection is fully compatible with Windows XP SP3. It is also compatible with Windows XP SP2 on monocore computer (without hyperthreading). Unfortunately, it encounters some troubles with SP2 dual-core or hyperthreading computers. This issue is due to a problem in Windows XP USB-midi driver. If you encounter this issue, the best way is to install windows XP SP3. Nevertheless, if you want to stay on SP2, you can install the new version of the USB-midi driver. This file is different for each language system. So if you can't find the right one, please contact us to get it.