Pressure-sensitive music controller with a unique design.
The AlphaSphere Nexus is a unique and intuitive way to play music. With the advantages of current computer technology, controllers are becoming the new instruments and offer a vast array of characteristics for playing and performing music. The Nexus is made up of 48 pressure and velocity sensitive pads that make it easy and fun to create exciting and inspiring sounds fast. When used in conjunction with the bundled AlphaLive software on your computer as a standalone instrument or combined with your favorite DAWs, Nexus becomes a unique and creative interface to push the boundaries of musical expression.
AlphaSphere nexus connects via USB to your computer or laptop, providing a new hardware interface with limitless applications, not only musical ones. Connect to lighting with DMX, VJ software, Max/MSP etc.
Velocity and Pressure
The pads on the AlphaSphere nexus are both pressure and velocity sensitive. The pressure values range from 0 to 511 with a 9-bit resolution, providing precise control that can go beyond the limitations of MIDI.
A modular structure, formed from a matrix of circles that tessellate to create a sphere. The modular design means each pad can be replaced, removed or customized. Custom pads will be available in the near future.
The Nexus comes with everything you need to create and control electronic music, including easy integration with your current set up. The goal is to get an expressive and innovative controller into your hands, so that you can take your music to the next level.
- Unique spherical multi-channel MIDI instrument
- 48 Pressure and velocity senstive pads
- Modular design formed from a matrix of circles
- Comes with AlphaLive software for playing and performing music
- Easily assignable scales from chromatic to hungarian gypsy
- Adjustable pressure and velocity curve settings
Get your hands on the future of music making. Order today.
Nexus Spherical Control Surface Specifications:
- Multi-Channel Midi (16 in total)
- Midi Control Change Messages
- OSC Output
- MIDI Effects and Filters: High/Low Pass, Bitcrusher, Reverb and Tremolo etc.
- Polyphonic or Channel Aftertouch
- Four Different Pad Trigger Modes
- Midi Step-Sequencer with Real-Time Record Mode
- Creat Personalized Scales from Circular Keyboard
- Sample Kits and Loop Library
- Freely Upload and Assign Loops and Samples
- Adjustable Quantization between 1/4 Note to Four Bars