Akai Professional MPK249 49-Key Controller
MIDI Keyboard Controllers
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Engineered to be your all-in-one controller solution.
The Akai Professional MPK249 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. Each member of Akai Pro's MPK series comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more. MPK249 features 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, faders, and switches, 16 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders, and switches (up to 24 each), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 64 total). Plus, MPK249 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
Made To Play
MPK249 comes equipped with 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range; play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and much more.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels are all onboard for further inspiration. With MPK249, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years: MPC Swing lets MPK249 users obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pro’s groundbreaking MPC music-making machines so legendary. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPC-style pads. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
MPK249 is armed with powerful production software—Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials—for out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK249 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
Two high-definition virtual synthesizers bring the best of synthesis technology to MPK249 users. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a versatile virtual synthesizer that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, these powerful instruments give MPK249 users professional music-creation tools that can jumpstart any project.
- Number of keys: 49
- Action: Semi-weighted
- Key size: Full
- Velocity sensitive: Yes
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Key type: Piano-style
- USB MIDI: Yes
- 5-Pin MIDI: In/Out
- Sustain: Yes
- Expression: Yes
- iOS compatibility: Yes, Apple camera kit (sold separately)
- Audio I/O: Not applicable
- Other: Not applicable
- Knobs: 8 knobs; 3 banks
- Faders: 8 faders; 3 banks
- Drum pads: 16 backlit, velocity sensitive; 4 banks
- Buttons/switches: 8 switches; 3 banks
- Pitch wheel: Yes
- Mod wheel: Yes
- DAW transport: Yes
- Edit mode: Yes
- Auto mapping: Info not available
- Zones: Info not available
- Number of presets: Info not available
- Display: Backlight LCD
- Program change: Yes
- Bundled Software: Ableton Live Lite, AIR Hybrid 3, SONiVOX Twist 2.0
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Width: 29" (736mm)
- Height: 3.38" (86mm)
- Depth: 12.25" (311mm)
- Weight: 12.6 lb.
- Construction: Info not available
- USB power: Yes
- Power adapter: 6V DC, 1A (sold separately)
Call or click to order today!
MPK249 49-Key Controller Specifications:
- Number of Keys: 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders, and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 29" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 12.6 lbs