Akai Professional MPD226 Pad Controller
MIDI Pad Controllers
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
New pad feel, expanded features set.
MPD226 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller designed for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs. Its blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with USB connectivity brings the feel of classic beat making into computer music production.
Experience the Difference
The first improvement agreed upon over the development cycle were the Thick Fat MPC pads, a new design that creates an unprecedented user experience. The MPD226 also has an expanded control set of four knobs, four buttons and four faders arrange in three banks for 36 total controls. This enables you increased control over your sounds and effects.
MIDI information is sent over its plug-and-play USB interface for use on Mac or PC, eliminating the need for drivers. The USB connection powers the MPD226 so the included USB cable is all you need.
Along with the improved functionality, the MPD226 features iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) and included free software. Titles include: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums and Big Bang Cinema from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor.
Many years of research and customer feedback have led directly to some of the most capable pad controllers Akai has developed. It is this constant contact with the user base that makes Akai such an enduring brand. These MPDs are the perfect bridge between your creativity and your computer-based studio.
- 16 RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 4 assignable faders, 4 assignable Q-Link knobs, 4 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 36 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion and Big Bang Universal Drums
Order soon and exercise complete control.
MPD226 Pad Controller Specifications:
- System requirements
Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended); Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended); QuickTime recommended