Akai Professional MAX49 USB/MIDI/CV Keyboard Controller
MIDI Keyboard Controllers
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Innovative USB/MIDI/CV controller with 12 MPC pads and 8 backlit LED touchfaders.
Akai Professional's MAX49 conveniently places revolutionary MIDI and CV control at your fingertips. The MAX49's intuitive layout and included AkaiConnect automatic-mapping software provides you an instant, fully immersive experience with your favorite music software and virtually all your VST plug-ins. With its 49 semi-weighted keys, 12 real MPC pads, groundbreaking LED touchfaders and vintage CV & Gate outputs, the MAX49 combines cutting-edge Akai Pro technology with classic capability for an exceptionally solid music-making experience.
One of the MAX49's most distinguished features is its four banks of eight backlit LED touch faders which allow you to assign up to 32 control parameters. Use them just like analog faders by simply dragging your finger along their touch strips, or you can perform instant leaps in any MIDI value from zero to maxed out and everything in between with a simple tap exactly where you want it. Making changes on the fly is now easier than ever.
The MAX49 is also equipped with four banks of 12 backlit MPC pads, giving you a total of 48 assignable pads, allowing you to integrate legendary Akai Pro production capability into live performances and recording sessions alike. These backlit, velocity sensitive pads come with classic MPC Swing, Note Repeat, Full Level, and navigation controls to give you all the tools you need to create music at your highest level. On top of that, it has USB MIDI, traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI and even Control Voltage and Gate outputs onboard, allowing you to control everything from today's most advanced music software, to analog modular synths from as far back as the 1960s. Built-in Mackie Control and HUI protocols also give you instant compatibility with many industry-standard DAWs.
When you're ready to get down to business, MAX49 delivers essential controller features with excellence. Its 49 semi-weighted keys with Aftertouch provide you with professional feel, perfect response and full musical expression. Large, centrally positioned transport controls give you straightforward track navigation, and rubberized pitch and modulation wheels allow you instant creative flourishes. MAX49's expanded arpeggiator includes a Latch button as well as eight different time divisions to create sweeping and endlessly varied melodic cascades. A built-in step sequencer allows you to get the music in your head laid down with exacting detail.
The included AkaiConnect automatic-mapping software has you up and running in your favorite DAW and VSTs in seconds. AkaiConnect has been designed to eliminate the guesswork and give you more time creating and less time setting up controls. Instantly assign MAX49's MPC pads, touchfaders and buttons to your favorite music software plug-ins by simply clicking on the software element you want to control, then touching the knob, pad, fader or button on this special controller.
- 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch for complete musical expression
- Built-in step sequencer for detailed track construction
- Expanded arpeggiator with latch and time division controls
- Included AkaiConnect software automatically maps to VST plugins
- 12 backlit, real MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat and MPC swing
- Eight backlit LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes
- Four pad banks & four fader banks provide a total of 80 assignable pads & faders
- CV & Gate outputs for use with vintage analog synths (1V/Oct)
- Large, centrally-positioned transport controls & rubberized pitch and modulation wheels
- Mackie Control & HUI modes provide instant compatibility with many DAWs
- Quickstart Guide
- Power Supply
- USB Cable
- Vyzex & AkaiConnect Software CD
- Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition Software DVD
Gain more control without complicating your life. Order today!
MAX49 USB/MIDI/CV Keyboard Controller Specifications:
- Number of Keys: 49 keys + 4 banks of 12 drum pads
- Type of action: Semi-weighted Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: 4-row x 20-character LCD
- Interfaces: USB, MIDI Out, MIDI In, CV (1V/octave), Gate (configurable)
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 2
- Programmable Controllers: 4 x 12 Pads, 4 x 8 Faders, 4 x 8 Assignable Buttons, Keybed, Pitch and Modulation Wheels, 2 x Footswitches, Expression Pedal
- System Realtime Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- Dimensions: (WxDxH): 29" x 12.5" x 3" [741mm x 322mm x 80mm]
- Weight: 11.7lb. (5.31kg)
- System Requirements:
- Macintosh: 1.25GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended