Access Virus TI Snow
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The most portable Virus ever.
The Access Virus TI Snow is probably the only virus you'd want near your computer. This tiny synth engine gives your DAW a powerful, portable sonic companion, able to access over a thousand sounds with a few button presses. The Virus TI Snow is 100% compatible with all the TI patches, and can play back a maximum of 50 voices.
The TI Snow has three main oscillators and one sub oscillator per voice. A main oscillator can comprise of various oscillator types including the classic virtual analog oscillators (saw, variable pulse, sine, triangle, 62 spectral waves with several FM modes) and hypersaw (a multi saw-tooth oscillator with up to 9 stacked oscillators, 9 sub oscillators, and sync oscillator at the same time). It has wavetable oscillators with 100 multi-index wavetables, which feature variable resolution and optional pulse-width modulation. The graintable oscillators apply granular synthesis techniques for independent control of pitch and formants to warp a waveform beyond recognition. The formant oscillators sound like running a signal through a massive, modulatable filterbank with hundreds of resonant bands being morphed by the wavetable index.
There are two fully independent filters (lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bandstop) with an optional saturation module located in between both filter blocks. The saturation module can add one of several distortions and lo-fi effects or an additional low/high-pass filter. You can get an optional self-resonating Moog cascade filter with circuit overloads simulation and 1-4 poles.
The TI Snow has two-dimensional modulation matrix with six slots (1 source and 3 modulation targets each). Every feasible parameter can be modulated in real time. There are 3 LFOs with additional hardwired destinations along with one user-definable slot. Two lightning-fast, multi-stage envelopes (ADSTR) - LFOs can be used as ramp generators as well.
The FX section has independent delay and reverb per patch (even in multi mode), along with multiple distortion/lo-fi algorithms, phaser, chorus/flanger, analog boost, ring modulator, 3-band EQ, and a global vocoder. There is no difference between single and multi modes - patches sound exactly the same.
Each patch contains it's own arpeggiator pattern featuring 32 programmable steps (length and velocity can be adjusted per step), along with a global control for swing/shuffle timing, and one for note lengths. Pretty much every parameter, including the pattern itself, the amount of octaves, and many more, can be controlled using the modulation matrix. In addition, there are 64 preset patterns as a starting point.
Between 10 to 50 voices are capable depending on the complexity of the patch. This estimate is based on single mode performance. Results may vary in multi mode.
Multi programs can have fully-independent embedded singles, without the links to single banks required by most synths. This provides freedom from breaking other programs.
Smooth parameter changes
Adaptive control-smoothing provides parameter changes with no zippering artifacts. With knob quantize, a clock ratio is selected and parameter changes are updated at specified intervals only. The result is sample-and-hold parameter movements, evocative of step sequencer sounds.
Total Integration is Access' proprietary technology. It seamlessly links any Virus TI model and a computer to create a unified system consisting of a powerful hardware synth and a virtual instrument plug-in. This not only controls the Virus TI but also receives audio from it, in order to allow post-processing right inside your computer. This way you get the best of both worlds. Your Virus TI will calculate all the voices and effects and therefore makes the CPU of your computer available for other tasks. Since it is driven by the Virus Control plug-in, the timing (unlike normal MIDI and USB-MIDI timing) will be sample-accurate, and all sound data will be saved within the song or project. Virus Control also offers sophisticated editing capabilities, along with an easy-to-use librarian page to keep track of all your Virus TI patches. The Virus TI's analogue input and outputs can double as an audio interface. The MIDI sockets can double as a MIDI interface.
- Multiple oscillators, including wavetable, graintable, formant, and classic virtual analog
- Lowpass/highpass, bandpass/bandstop filters
- 2D modulation matrix with 6 slots
- Mulitple built-in effects
- Arpeggiator with 32 programmable steps
- 10 to 50 voices capable depending on the complexity of patches
- More than 6000 free patches from well known designers
- More than a 1000 built-in sounds to use
- Multi Mode
- Smooth parameter changes
- Proprietary Total Integration technology for linking Virus TI Snow with computer for a more efficient DAW setup
- 2 outputs (at +4dB) backed by 192kHz/24-bit D/A converters (soft limiting optional)
- 2 inputs w/24-bit A/D
- MIDI I/O
- USB for MIDI and audio transmission at 12MBps.
- Enclosure has Winter white finish, white LED and display, wood rail beneath the front panel
- Controls: 6 knobs, 21 buttons, 18 LEDs
- Templates for turning Virus into MIDI remote
- Every part can be panned dynamically between two stereo outputs for quadraphonic effects
Virus TI Snow Specifications:
- Footprint dimensions: 11" x 6"
- 512 RAM and 512 ROM patches, 64 embedded multi patches, 4 part in multi mode.
- TI certified hosts
- Apple Logic 8, Steinberg Cubase 4, Ableton Live 7, Digidesign Pro Tools 7.4, Cakewalk Sonar 7, ImageLine FL Studio 7.4