Access Virus TI Desktop Synth/ControllerProduct #707905 Access 707905 CS Sound Modules https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Expanded, improved, upgraded, and totally killer synth!
The Access Virus TI Desktop Synth/Controller features greatly increased polyphony, 2 new oscillator types, a per-patch programmable arpeggiator, 16x2 delay/reverb fx, embedded singles in multimode, and much more. It links to your computer with VIRUSControl, a companion software product that ports the hardware synth into a host sequencer for use as a sample-accurate VST/AU instrument, simultaneously offering 2-way audio and MIDI connectivity, control surface functionality, editor and librarian functions, and more.
The First Totally Integrated Synthesizer
A scalable USB link connects the Access VIRUS to a Mac or PC for total integration of synth and studio. The VIRUSControl plug-in automatically detects and connects the synth, ensuring a hassle-free configuration every time.
From inside a host application, the plug-in enables the VIRUS hardware to appear as a multichannel VST/AU soft-synth with up to 4 sub-mixes (or 2X stereo). Access' proprietary driver technology makes VIRUS TI the world's first hardware synthesizer with sample-accuracy timing and a delay-compensated audio/MIDI connection.
Seamless interconnectivity also provides a real benefit in the software sequencer environment. All multitimbral sounds and settings used for a project are stored within it with the plug-in, for snapshot total recall plus editor and librarian functions with no SysEx or 3rd-party software hassles.
The VIRUS hardware is also well-equipped to capitalize on the power of Total Integration. With 24-bit 192KHz balanced analog, S/PDIF I/O and MIDI in and out ports, the new VIRUS is well-suited for use as the main audio and MIDI I/O center for your entire rig. These functions are especially practical for the laptop studio, offering an unmatched range of features and capabilities from one product.
Additionally, a Remote Mode allows the VIRUS hardware to become a control surface for any MIDI-capable device or software, mapping each of the 33 knobs to a specific MIDI message. TI ships with a great selection of templates and includes 32-user memories for custom controller maps. It's a powerful addition that greatly increases the value of the synth's studio footprint.
The Legendary Sound of Access: Evolved
Of course, TI is still a VIRUS, with all the soul of its legendary predecessors, but for Total Integration, the power and performance of the synth engine have been taken to higher extremes, thanks to a freshly optimized core which delivers unprecedented performance. For starters, polyphony is more than doubled, to 80 voices under average conditions.
And the sound? Phenomenal! Alongside the award-winning VIRUS oscillator models, 2 completely new types have been added. First is the real Wavetable oscillator model. This unique algorithm can blend waves to create evolving motion or switch between them to create gritty lo-fi textures.
The Amazing HyperSaw model can generate up to 9x the number of saws without using 9x the required polyphony. In fact, its polyphony is comparable to that of a single voice saw oscillator. With 2 oscillators, each playing 9 main plus 9 subs (36 oscillators per key), you can still enable Unison mode and get impressive polyphonic results. In one test, we calculated over 2000 simultaneous saws. Now imagine all this through Access' award-winning filters, including MiniMoog cascade emulation; shaping raw, pulsating WaveTables; or insanely fat HyperSaws. With its upgraded features, the Access Virus TI has never done more or sounded better.
The Access synth's Mod Matrix has also been expanded to 6 sources with 3 destinations each (18 routings total) for greater realtime control and patch programming freedom. The Knob Quantize Mode syncs the effect of realtime or sequenced parameter changes to a preselected clock interval. Changes are updated on the selected pulse and held until the next, resulting in staggered parameter movements like those produced by a step sequencer.
New and existing Virus synthesizer owners will love the addition of a programmable arpeggiator! Users can create and store their own rhythmic pattern in every patch.
Enhanced with new power and resources, Multi Mode now embeds 16 patches for self-contained sounds you can tweak and transform without overwriting your singles or affecting other Multi programs. Use it to build impressive layers, splits, or poly-arps for performance or recording. A mode for use with sequencers is also provided, emulating the classic Multi which loads sounds from within the single banks.
In either case, the complete sound engine is always available to each Multi part, including dedicated delay and separate reverb fx for all 16 sounds. In effect, the full VIRUS TI single modes is replicated 16 times!
Optimization from the Ground Up
Besides adding great convergence and synth engine features, Total Integration is built around a major hardware platform upgrade, sporting a complete redesign inside and out.
A large white graphic display shows multiple parameters at the same time which can be edited using 3 Soft Knobs. Keyboard models feature an illuminated logo on the I/O panel (it looks great, and even pulses in sync with the tempo for other musicians or the audience to enjoy).
Also added in the hardware, a Tap Tempo button helps live VIRUS musicians stay in sync with drummers and turntablists using a sophisticated algorithm based on Access' SyncXtreme technology.
How is it all possible?
Inside, a cutting edge Dual-DSP core delivers stellar performance with super-low latency. The Access VIRUS TI also employs studio-grade converters with 192kHz/24-bit D/A. These are paired with +4dB balanced inputs and outputs and a switchable soft limiting algorithm, and accompanied by S/PDIF digital stereo output and input as well. The onboard USB port is compatible with USB 2 specifications and works with USB and Hi-Speed USB devices and peripherals. For easy access to all these new jacks, the entire I/O panel of the TI desktop model can be rotated 90 degrees so the interface is on the rear panel. The 4U Rack mounting kit is also included.
Last but certainly not least, the onboard memory has been drastically expanded: 512 RAM patches and 2048 (rewritable) ROM patches plus space for 16 self-contained Multi Mode programs described above. All these new numbers add up to one hell of a synthesizer.
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load
- VirusControl VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP
- Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface
- Sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds
- WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed
- HyperSaw oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths--each with parallel sub oscillator per voice
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots
- 129 parallel effects: reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3-band EQ, and the Analog Boost bass enhancer
- 2 multimode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS)
- Analog Filter (modelled after the MiniMoog cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and self-oscillation)
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST/AU plug-ins and external synthesizers
- 6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm
- 192kHz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O
- 2x24-bit inputs
- Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch
- Knob quantise for creating stepped controller movements
- Stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from
- 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable)
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters
- New multi mode with embedded patches
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and high-speed USB devices
- Access Synthnesizer includes rackmounting kit
A truly amazing machine. Order now.
Virus TI Desktop Synth/Controller Specifications:
- Height: 8cm (3.2")
- Width: 47cm (18.5")
- Depth: 18.8cm (7.4")
- Weight: 3.6kg (7.2 lbs.)