Korg MS-20 Analog Synthesizer DIY KitProduct #J05579 Korg J05579 CKX Keyboard Packages https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Build a real MS-20 with your own hands.
Creating an instrument with your own hands is the part of the true enjoyment of an analog synthesizer. The MS-20 Kit lets you obtain a real, full-sized MS-20 by assembling it yourself. It goes without saying that, just like the MS-20 mini released in January 2013, the engineers who developed the original MS-20 have overseen this project - ensuring that its historic sound is reproduced with complete fidelity.
Built with your own two hands
The MS-20 Kit is a kit that lets you obtain a real MS-20 by assembling the parts according to the directions in the owner's manual. Most of the steps are simply a matter of tightening screws or fitting parts together, so you don't need to know about soldering or electronic circuitry. Beyond any doubt, the analog sound generated by the MS-20 that you yourself completed will sound more valuable than that of any other synthesizer. Unlike the MS-20 mini, the MS-20 Kit is a full-size unit with a standard-sized keyboard, and the plugs are also full sized 1/4" phone plugs.
Two filter circuits
The original MS-20 used different VCF circuits depending on the date of production. Units produced in the earlier period used a filter noted for its distinctive distortion and self-oscillation, while the filter used in later units was a low-noise design with a more mellow character.
The MS-20 Kit provides both filters, so you can switch between the two by moving a jumper pin on the circuit board according to your taste or needs.
Flexible patching system
The patching system provided to the right of the panel lets you create complex sounds by plugging-in cables to change the connections between the various units. The possibilities are limited only by the user's imagination; different combinations of the modulation input/output and trigger, sample and hold, and noise generator can produce an incredible variety of sounds. By patching according to the MS-20 flow chart that’s printed on the panel, even the beginner can start taking advantage of these possibilities right away
Engineered by the original experts
Just like the MS-20 mini, development of the MS-20 Kit was led by the original engineers themselves, who spared no effort to perfectly replicate the circuitry of the original unit. When it was necessary to substitute a part, the engineers made the decision based on their own ears, ensuring that the exact sound of the original unit has been reproduced. In fact, the sound of the MS-20 kit has a somewhat bright and extreme quality to it because its sound is that of an original MS-20 in mint condition at the time it went on sale, before any of the components aged.
- A full-size MS-20 that you can assemble yourself
- Every aspect overseen by the original MS-20 engineers
- Replicates every detail of the original, right down to the manual
- Choose between early and late versions of the classic MS-20 filter
- Extremely flexible patching system
- MIDI IN and USB connector
- Powered by an AC adapter
Create your own MS-20 Monophonic synthesizer today.
MS-20 Analog Synthesizer DIY Kit Specifications:
- Keyboard C – C: 37-key (3 octaves)
- Main Controller: Control wheel (center click) / Momentary switch -->GND
- Input/Output: Signal input (Monoral Phone Jack), Signal output (Monoral Phone Jack, 2V p-p output impedance 3.5k Ω), Head phones output (Stereo Phone Jack, 33 Ω 48mW), DC12V, MIDI IN, USB(Type B)
- Power Consumption: 9W
- Power Supply: DC12V
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 573 × 316 × 248 mm / 22.56 x 12.44 x 9.76 inches
- Weight: 6.3 kg / 13.89 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adaptor (12V/1.5A), Patch Cord x 10