Shure ULXS24/BETA58 Handheld Wireless Microphone System
Handheld Microphone Wireless Systems
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The Shure ULXS24/BETA 58 is a handheld wireless microphone system that includes the ULX2/87 Handheld Transmitter with Beta 58A Microphone, and the ULXS4 Diversity Receiver.
ULX2 Handheld Transmitter
The ULX2 Handheld Transmitter has a 3-segment battery fuel gauge, Backlit LCD shows group and channel, Frequency and power settings, and Control lockout.
Beta 58A Vocal Microphone
The Shure Beta 58A is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide.
The Beta 58A maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. This insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. The Beta 58A has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille.
ULXS4 Diversity Receiver
The Shure ULX Standard receiver offers an exceptional value in both performance and price, for both working musicians and sound installers. The feature set of the versatile ULXS4 receiver offers a direct path to full, clear audio signals, unencumbered and unattached.
- 8-9 Hour Battery Life
- Power: On/Off Switch, Battery
- LED-Green When ON, Red When Battery Low
- Three-segment Battery Power Icon
- PEAK Icon-Appears When Audio Signal Overloads
- Group/Channel Displays
- SET Button for Saving Settings
- Adjustable Audio Gain Control
- Input Attenuation Switch-Select 0dB for Voice/Low Output; 20dB for High Output
- 4-pin Mini Connector
- Battery Cover Unscrews to Expose Battery and Gain Control
- 9V Battery Included
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off—axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal—to—noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Automatic Frequency Selection with group scan function
- Over 1400 selectable frequencies
- 5-segment transmitted audio signal strength meter
- RF indicator
- 3-segment transmitter battery fuel gauge
- Advanced multi-function LCD displays group and channel
- Mic/Line switch
- Remotable 1/2-wave antenna
- XLR and 1/4-inch output
- Rugged plastic chassis
- 1/2 rack design
Order today for the best in wireless sound.
ULXS24/BETA58 Handheld Wireless Microphone System Specifications:
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 554.000 to 865.000 MHz (Available frequencies depend on the applicable regulations in the country where the system is
- used). Refer to the frequency supplement supplied with the system.
- Effective Range: 100 m (300 ft.) under optimal conditions (NOTE: Actual working range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection, and interference)
- Audio Frequency Response: 25 to 15,000 Hz, ± 2dB (NOTE: Overall system frequency response depends on the microphone element.)
- ULX2 Transmitter Input
- Input Configuration: Unbalanced, active
- Actual Impedance: 20 kohms
- Maximum Input Level: 10 Vp—p (12 dBV) for 1% THD at minimum gain setting using 1 kHz signal.
- ULX2 Transmitter Output
- Actual Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Nominal Output Level: 20 mW
- Maximum Output Level: 30 mW
- Pin Assignments: Shell = Ground Center = Signal
- ULXS4 Receiver Input
- Connector: Antenna Power Input
- Connector Type: BNC IEC 320
- Actual Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Nominal Input Level: —95 to —30 dBm 15 Vdc
- Maximum Input Level: +6 dBm (—20 dBm recommended) 18 Vdc
- Pin Assignments: Shell = Ground Center = Signal IEC Standard
- Voltage for Remote Power: 12 Vdc, 150 mA maximum
- ULXS4 Receiver Output
- Connector: High Z Audio; Low Z Audio
- Output Configuration: High Z Audio Unbalanced (1/4 in.); Low Z Audio Balanced (XLR)
- Actual Impedance: High Z Audio 3 k0hms; Low Z Audio 22
- Nominal Input Level: High Z Audio Pin Assignments: Tip = Hot Ring/ Sleeve = Gnd: Low Z Audio 1 = Ground 2 = Hot 3 = Cold
- Voltage/Current/Phantom: Power Protection?: High Z Audio; Yes Low Z Audio Yes
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive
- voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output
- Transmitter Gain Adjustment Range: ULX2: 25 dB
- Receiver Audio Output Level (± 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz tone):
- XLR connector (into 600 ohm load): +3.9 dBV (line), —17 dBV (mic)
- 1/4 inch connector (into 3000 ohm load): —2 dBV
- ULX1 (input): 1 Megohm ULXS4, ULXP4 (output): 50 ohms at line level; 2000 ohms at mic level
- Modulation: ± 38 kHz deviation compressor-expander system with pre- and de-emphasis.
- RF Power Output: ULX2: 30 mW maximum
- Dynamic Range: >100 dB, A-weighted
- RF Sensitivity: 1.26 uV for 12 dB SINAD (typical)
- Image Rejection: 80 dB typical
- Spurious Rejection: 75 dB typical
- Ultimate Quieting (reference ± 38 kHz deviation): >105 dB, A-weighted
- System Distortion (reference ± 38 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): 0.3% total harmonic distortion, typical
- Power Requirements: ULX2: 9V alkaline battery; 8.4 V Nicad optional; ULXS4: 14 - 18 Vdc (negative ground), 550 mA
- Battery Life: 8 to 9 hours (with 9V alkaline battery)
- Operating Temperature Range: - 20 degrees to 49 degrees C (- 4 degrees to 120 degrees F)
- NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter): ULX2/BETA 58: 8.7 x 2 in. (220.9 x 51 mm);
- Dimensions (H x W x D): ULX4S: 1.72 in. x 8.56 in. x 6.52 in. (43 mm x 214 mm x 163 mm)
- ULX2/BETA 58: 9.1 oz. (258 g) without battery
- ULXS4: 2 lbs 5 oz. (1049 g)
- Beta 58A Vocal Microphone
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz (NOTE: The curve above shows on-axis response at a distance of 2 feet from a uniform sound source. Your response may vary, depending on microphone position.)
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV)
- *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing.
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.