Shure PGXD24/SM86 Digital Wireless System with SM86 Mic
Handheld Microphone Wireless Systems
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Shure PGX-D Wireless Holiday Rebates
Save up to $25 on PGX-D Wireless Systems. See PDF for details.
- - Offer Expires 01/10/16
- Download rebate
One of Shure's most popular vocal mics paired with a 24-bit/48kHz digital receiver and handheld transmitter.
This PGXD24/SM86 Digital Wireless System from Shure adds the clarity of 24-bit digital audio to the legacy of trusted Shure microphone options for wireless performance.
The Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone, the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering a clear, studio-quality sound.
A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise.
Besides the SM86 microphone, you also get a PGXD2 handheld transmitter, PGXD4 receiver, padded carrying case, and a microphone clip.
The PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator (power, lockout, mute, low battery), and provides you with 8 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries. It gives you and your microphone a generous 200' (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
The PGXD4 receiver offers 24-bit/48kHz accurate sound, offers technology for incredibly accurate sound, auto frequency selection, and greater reliability thanks to its true digital diversity.
- PGXD4 Wireless Receiver
- 24-bit / 48kHz digital technology for incredibly accurate sound
- Automatic frequency selection locates a clear channel instantly
- One-touch sync automatically syncs the transmitter and receiver
- True digital diversity delivers rock-solid wireless signal reliability
- Up to 5 systems can be used at once
- 1„4" and XLR audio outputs
- Included padded carrying case for portability and protection
- PGXD2 Handheld Transmitter Power, mute, and battery status LED
- Up to 9 hours of continuous use from 2 AA batteries
- 200" (60m) operating range
- 10dB of adjustable gain
- Lockable interface prevents accidental setting changes
- Rugged construction for reliable performance show after show
- SM86 microphone
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
PGXD24/SM86 Digital Wireless System with SM86 Mic Specifications:
- PGXD4 receiver
Dimensions (HxWxD): 40mm x 181mm x 104mm (1.6" x 7.125" x 4.1")
Weight: 289g (10.2oz.)
Audio Output Level (ref. ±38kHz deviation, 1kHz tone): XLR connector (into 3000Î load): -2.5dBV 1/4" connector (into 10000Î load): +10 dBV
Sensitivity: -102 dBm @ 10-5 BER
Image rejection: > 70dB, typical
Impedance balanced Pin 1: Ground (cable shield)
Pin 2: Audio
Pin 3: No Audio
Red: 2dB below clip
Amber: 12dB below clip
Green: 50dB below clip
Power Requirements: 12-18 Vdc at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
Pin Assignments: XLR: 1 = ground, 2 = hot, 3 = cold 6.35mm (1/4") TRS: Tip = audio, Ring = no audio, Sleeve = ground
PGX2 Handheld Transmitter
Audio Input Level:
+2 dBV maximum at -10dB position
-8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
Dimensions including SM58 cartridge: 254mm x 51mm dia. (10" x 2")
Weight: 290g (10.2oz.) without batteries
Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
Power Requirements: 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
Battery Life: > 8 hours (alkaline)
Microphone Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
Frequency response: 60 to 15,000Hz
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of microphone output connector
Output Impedance (at 1000Hz): 300Î
Sensitivity (at 1000Hz): -53dBV/Pa, (2.2 mV), 1 Pascal=94dB SPL
Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity: 26dB equivalent SPL in a 1 millioersted field (60Hz)
Switch: Built-in On/Off switch
Connector: Three pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
Case: Die cast metal handle, black matte finish; hardened silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
Environmental Conditions: This microphone operates over a temperature range of -29 to 57 Celsius (-20 to 135 Fahrenheit), and at a relative humidity of 0 to 95%.
Weight: Net: 321g (11.3 oz) Packaged: 908g (2lb.)