Taylor GC8 Rosewood/Spruce Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar (2011 Model)Product #517630 Taylor 517630 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Premium woods meet advanced design in this big-sounding Taylor.
The Taylor GC8 Rosewood/Spruce grand concert guitar has volume that belies its size. The slotted peghead and short-scale neck deliver a more "woody" tone and an unbelievably easy feel on the fretboard. The clarity, balance, sustain, excellent bass response, and wonderful coloration of the India Rosewood back and sides of the GC8 is without equal. When paired with solid Sitka spruce top, it is an unstoppable tonal combination. Other features of the GC8 acoustic include an ivoroid bound neck and body, Indian rosewood headstock overlay, abalone rosette and fretboard dots, and a traditional slotted peghead.
Because of its smaller size, the Taylor GC8 Grand Concert is a curvy and comfortable, "intimate" guitar—something to wrap oneself around. Its clarity, balanced response, scaled-down proportions, and scalloped bracing make it ideal for fingerstyle playing. Stage performers appreciate its body-friendly size and contours, and those who work in the recording studio love its controlled overtones.
- Body Style: 6-String Grand Concert
- Back & Sides: Indian rosewood
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony with Binding
- Fretboard Inlay: Abalone Dots
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut and Saddle: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Taylor Slot-head Tuners
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge Strings with Nanoweb Coating
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- No. of frets: 20
- Fretboard Radius: 15"
- Bracing: Standard II (Forward Shifted Pattern W/Relief Rout)
- Finish: Gloss
- Electronics: None
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4-3/8"
- Body Length: 19-1/2"
- Overall Length: 40-1/2"
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell