The Taylor GA8 Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar has traditional styling that creates an elegant, understated look. The clarity, balance, sustain, excellent bass response, and wonderful coloration and figure of the India Rosewood used on this instrument is without equal. Paired with Sitka spruce, it is an unstoppable combination. Other features of the GA8 include; an ivoroid bound neck, heel, and body, gold-plated tuners, an Indian rosewood headstock overlay, and a beautiful abalone rosette.
The Grand Auditorium is Taylor's most versatile and popular body style, excelling at light touch fingerstyle to full blown strumming. Great for miking and recording, the GA8 guitar's balanced mid-range and bright tone exemplify the Taylor voice.
- Body Style: 6-String Grand Auditorium
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Abalone
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony with Binding
- Fretboard Inlay: Abalone Dots
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Ebony
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Nut and Saddle: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold Plated Taylor Tuners
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge Strings with Nanoweb Coating
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- No. of frets: 20
- Fretboard Radius: 15"
- Bracing: Standard II (Forward Shifted Pattern W/Relief Rout)
- Finish: Gloss
- Electronics: None
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4-5/8"
- Body Length: 20"
- Overall Length: 41"
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell