Taylor Custom-T3-8613 Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar
Semi-Hollow and Hollow Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
High performance electronics and signature Taylor design.
Inspired by both the T5 and the SolidBody, Taylor takes the classic semi-hollowbody sound and applies signature Taylor design touches to the T3. The Custom-T3-8613 Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar features an exquisite cocobolo top and upgraded, 900 series mother-of-pearl inlays along the fretboard and peghead.
Electronics include Taylor's high-fidelity full-size Vintage Alnico humbuckers, blended with a unique coil-splitting application to give players killer humbucker and single coil sounds in one guitar. The Custom T3 features a metal roller bridge paired with Bigsby tailpiece. Includes hardshell case.
About the electronics
The HD (high definition) humbuckers reflect two Taylor design developments. They've altered the focus and direction of the magnetic flux with a new type of magnet and brewed up a secret recipe for the windings. This results in pickups that produce the sweet sound of vintage humbuckers with increased dynamic range and output.
The T3 incorporates enhanced electronics that include coil-splitting activated by pulling up the volume control. Taylor designer David Hosler talked about the thinking that went into the tone control circuit. "Many guitarists have learned not to expect much from a tone control. We decided to do something to make it useful. When pulled up, the T3' tone control adds a second capacitor to the circuit creating a quasi-parametric sweep throughout the range of the control. Players can use the boosted mids to add a little warmth to the single-coil or mellow out the humbuckers for an even jazzier tone without squashing it into a muddy sound."
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Cocobolo
- Body wood: Sapele
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: T5 carve
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.86"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Vintage Alnico humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Vintage Alnico humbucker
- Brand: Taylor
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Volume control with coil split
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle roller
- Tailpiece: Bigsby
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Cocobolo tonewoods, mother-of-pearl fretboard and peghead inlays
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Experience this special guitar for yourself. Order today.