Taylor 400 Series 416 Grand Symphony Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A powerful guitar with impressive tonal breadth and dynamic range.
Though they've been a staple of the Taylor line for years, Taylor's ovangkol 400 Series guitars continue to be discovered and embraced by players, thanks in part to a compelling full-range tone profile that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol's natural tonal breadth and dynamic range fits many different playing applications and body styles. An all-gloss body adds a burnished complexion that ties ovangkol's toasted golden color tones together with the buttery Sitka Spruce top. All 400 Series instruments ship in a deluxe hard shell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Compared to the Taylor Grand Auditorium, the Grand Symphony has a bigger, rounder lower bout and slightely wider "waist" area, and the bigger sound board (top) means more tonal output. Expect a meaty lower midrange and strong treble shimmer. A GS is best if you want a guitar with a robust low end, strong volume when strumming or flatpicking, and clear articulation in response to light fingerpicking attack.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Solid ovangkol back and sides complement the top with a sound that's comparable to rosewood. Ovangkol is an African relative of rosewood that shares a wide tonal spectrum from lows to highs, but with a slightly fuller midrange and a bright treble that resembles koa.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance Bracing (Standard III with Relief Rout)
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: None
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Taylor New Technology ("NT") Neck System
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Order this topnotch Taylor acoustic today!