Squier J5 Telecaster Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A signature model designed by a bonafide Tele freak!
John 5 takes the Telecaster places no one else has gone before, and the Squier J5 Telecaster Electric Guitar is a double-bound beauty based on the frequently modified workhorse of a Telecaster guitar pieced together for him by the folks at the Fender Custom Shop. The Squire J5 guitar has John 5's distinctive black and chrome look—an alder body finished in gloss black, 22-fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and black painted headstock, a striking polished stainless steel pickguard, and chrome hardware. The guitar's custom-designed humbucking pickups are operated via a unique dual volume set up with the bridge pickup control in the front position and the neck pickup in the back position. John 5 prefers this setup as he spends a majority of time giving the bridge pickup a workout. Using rapid movement of the 3-way toggle between positions, you can get that signature "kill" effect by turning off the neck pickup volume and leaving the bridge control full up.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple, '60s C-shaped (gloss polyester finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" radius (305 mm)
- Number of frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.65" (42 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Die-cast
- Bridge: Tele 6-saddle for humbucking pickup saddles
- Pickguard: Polished stainless steel
- Pickups: Custom Alnico II humbucking (neck), Custom ceramic magnet humbucking (bridge)
- Controls: Volume, Volume
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and neck pickups
- Position 3. Neck pickup
- Strings: Fender Super 250l, Nickel Plated Steel (.009 To .042
- Unique features:
- Matching black painted headstock
- Bound top and back
- Toggle switch mounted on upper bout
- Stainless steel pickguard
- Chrome switch tip
- No jack flat spot on body perimeter
- Dot Position Inlays
- Silver Squier Logo
- Synthetic bone nut
Own a Telecaster that was made to rock! Order yours today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Squier J5 Telecaster Electric Guitar:
This J5 Tele Squier caught my eye with it's sharp black & chrome unique look and of course the John 5 (awesome guitar player!) influence, but I was a little hesitant on the Squier name. BUT.. the more I started researching this guitar the more I began to realise that this is a high quality build and knew I had to buy it right away... am very glad I did! It's built solid with quality alder body and very nice playing neck, the pick guard is a cool/quality stainless steel shiny chrome, nice humbucker pickups(bridge is definitely rockin while the neck pickup has a very nice smooth clear tone), no intonation problems, great out of the box, nice price..I couldn't ask for a better purchase. Music123 shipped quickly as always and now I just can't put this guitar down. Don't hesitate to buy this unique tele! Have a look at some John 5 video clips on youtube about this guitar if you're a little hesitant..It's almost a guarentee you'll be right back here purchasing it!