Squier J5 Telecaster Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A signature model designed by a bonafide Tele freak!
John 5 takes the Telecaster places no one else has gone before, and the Squier J5 Telecaster Electric Guitar is a double-bound beauty based on the frequently modified workhorse of a Telecaster guitar pieced together for him by the folks at the Fender Custom Shop. The Squire J5 guitar has John 5's distinctive black and chrome look-an alder body finished in gloss black, 22-fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and black painted headstock, a striking polished stainless steel pickguard, and chrome hardware. The guitar's custom-designed humbucking pickups are operated via a unique dual volume set up with the bridge pickup control in the front position and the neck pickup in the back position. John 5 prefers this setup as he spends a majority of time giving the bridge pickup a workout. Using rapid movement of the 3-way toggle between positions, you can get that signature "kill" effect by turning off the neck pickup volume and leaving the bridge control full up.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple, '60s C-shaped (gloss polyester finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" radius (305 mm)
- Number of frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.65" (42 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Die-cast
- Bridge: Tele 6-saddle for humbucking pickup saddles
- Pickguard: Polished stainless steel
- Pickups: Custom Alnico II humbucking (neck), Custom ceramic magnet humbucking (bridge)
- Controls: Volume, Volume
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and neck pickups
- Position 3. Neck pickup
- Strings: Fender Super 250l, Nickel Plated Steel (.009 To .042
- Unique features:
- Matching black painted headstock
- Bound top and back
- Toggle switch mounted on upper bout
- Stainless steel pickguard
- Chrome switch tip
- No jack flat spot on body perimeter
- Dot Position Inlays
- Silver Squier Logo
- Synthetic bone nut
Own a Telecaster that was made to rock! Order yours today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Squier J5 Telecaster Electric Guitar:
This J5 Tele Squier caught my eye with it's sharp black & chrome unique look and of course the John 5 (awesome guitar player!) influence, but I was a little hesitant on the Squier name. BUT.. the more I started researching this guitar the more I began to realise that this is a high quality build and knew I had to buy it right away... am very glad I did! It's built solid with quality alder body and very nice playing neck, the pick guard is a cool/quality stainless steel shiny chrome, nice humbucker pickups(bridge is definitely rockin while the neck pickup has a very nice smooth clear tone), no intonation problems, great out of the box, nice price..I couldn't ask for a better purchase. Music123 shipped quickly as always and now I just can't put this guitar down. Don't hesitate to buy this unique tele! Have a look at some John 5 video clips on youtube about this guitar if you're a little hesitant..It's almost a guarentee you'll be right back here purchasing it!