Schecter Guitar Research Blackjack ATX C-8 8-String Electric Guitar
(Satin Vampire Red)
Schecter Guitar Research
Extended Range Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The Blackjack returns with upgraded pickups and Hipshot USA bridge.
The mahogany-bodied Shecter Blackjack ATX C-8 features a three-piece mahogany set neck with Ultra Access so you can rock the entire fretboard easy. Other accoutrements include a pair of Seymour Duncan Nazg»l/Sentient passive humbuckers, Hipshot USA bridge, voume and tone controls, a 3-way switch for your pickups, Schecter locking tuners and crimson multi-ply binding.
Schecter Locking Tuners
Schecter Locking Tuners feature a locking screw pin to lock the string into place for greater tuning stability. Details include a 19:1 gear ratio allowing for precise fine-tuning adjustments, removable knobs, threaded peghead bushing, and a 10mm diameter peg hole.
Ebony has a snappy, crisp attack with the density of maple, but with more brittle grains, oilier pores, and a stronger fundamental tone than maple. It has a tremendous amount of percussive overtones in the pick attack, that mute out shortly thereafter to foster great, long, sustain.
Seymour Duncan Nazg»l Pickup
Created for total sonic obliteration, the Nazg»l starts where most passive high output pickups stop. The large ceramic magnet serves up aggressive tones for brutal, drop-tuned, chugging riffs, while the midrange is specifically voiced to bring out the definition from the B & F# strings. Fear not, though, for all of the gain and ruthless attack you're going to use, the notes will still remain fluid and articulate.
Seymour Duncan Sentient Pickup
Built exclusively for 7- & 8-string players, the Sentient neck pickup is the perfect neck pickup for natural, complex warmth and tight articulation. With an alnico 5 magnet and medium strength coils, the blend of vintage PAF and modern tones sounds excellent in both clean and high-gain settings.
3-Piece Mahogany Neck with Carbon Fiber Rods
Made with three pieces of mahogany for extra stability. Where standard necks may show aging defects throughout the years, the 3-piece neck will remain straight for a lifetime of playability. Two carbon fiber rods are installed next to the truss rod for extra stability. Stronger than an equivalent volume of steel, carbon fiber can supplement an adjustable truss rod to help prevent neck twisting. Carbon fiber adds little weight, but adds significant stiffness.
Hipshot Custom-8 Bridge
Hipshot Custom-8 bridge was custom designed by Schecter with a smaller F# & B saddles and offset string thru location on F#/B/E for optimum Intonation. Stainles steel saddles. Experience brighter highs, more resonant lows.
- Body: Mahogany
- Construction: Set-neck with Ultra Access
- Top contour: Arched top
- Binding: Aged Cr¨me Multi-ply
- Neck material: Mahogany 3-pc with carbon fiber reinforcement rods
- Fretboard material: Ebony
- Inlays: Glow In The Dark Side Dot Inlays
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
- Neck shape: Thin ˜C™
- Fretboard radius: 20 (508 mm)
- Scale: 28 (711 mm)
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787 (20 mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866 (22 mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 2.125 (54 mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod with 5/32 (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan BlackOuts AHB-1
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan BlackOuts AHB-1
- Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone/3-Way Switch
- Battery Compartment: 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) with String Thru Body
- Knobs: Metal Knurled with Set Screw
- Hardware Color: Black Chrome
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Case: Sold separately
Let it ride with this winning guitar. Order today.