Recording King Century Series ROS-627 12th Fret OOO Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Revisit an American classic.
The Recording King ROS-627 12th Fret OOO Acoustic Guitar is carefully crafted with a solid Sitka spruce top and solid East Indian rosewood back and sides. The guitar's 1-13/16" nut width makes it perfect for fingerpicking. A hand-rubbed nitrocellulose lacquer finish applied in thin coats ensures excellent projection.
The classic 1920's design of the 12th Fret OOO is the link between classical and modern steel string guitars. Very lightweight, but carefully braced for tonal warmth, the 12th fret OOO guitar design has earned a well-deserved spot in the pantheon of great-sounding guitar shapes.
The combination of the 12th fret neck joint and the resulting altered bridge creates a richer, mellower sound than many of today's brighter-sounding guitar body shapes. Matching the rich tone and clear string separation typical of a classical guitar, with the projection of a traditional steel string, the Recording King Century Series ROS-627 12th fret guitar gives players the best of both worlds. Case sold separately.
- Model: ROS-627
- Body shape: 12th Fret OOO
- Top material: Solid AA Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Side material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Top bracing pattern: Fully Scalloped X-Bracing
- Top braces: Scalloped Spruce
- Neck material: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Neck profile: Vintage "V"
- Neck joint: Hand-Cut Dovetail
- Fretboard material: Ebony
- Scale length: 25-3/8 "
- Number of frets: 20 (12 open)
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1-13/16"
- Headstock type: Slotted
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock inlay: None
- Tuning machines: Grover Butterbean
- Body binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: 3-Ring
- Top purfling: Herringbone
- Fretboard inlays: Diamond and Square, Pattern 1
- Fretboard binding: None
- Bridge material: Ebony
- Bridge shape: Pyramid Style
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge pins and endpin: Ivory with Black Dot
- Pickguard: None
- Finish: Hand-Buffed Nitrocellulose
- Case sold separately
Carefully built to be true to its historic origins, the 12th Fret 000 is a fingerstyle player's dream instrument.