Recording King Century Series ROS-626 12th Fret OOO Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A hallmark of American design is at your fingertips.
The ROS-626 12th Fret 000 is a perfect example of the careful craftsmanship that goes into Recording King Century Studio Series guitars. With all-solid African mahogany back and sides, the guitar's tone is warm and even. A hand-rubbed nitrocellulose lacquer finish ensures tthat the sound of the wood to resonate clearly and powerfully.
The classic 1920's design of the 12th Fret 000 is the link between classical guitars and the modern steel string acoustic. Very lightweight, but carefully braced for tonal warmth, the 12th fret 000 has earned a well-deserved spot in the pantheon of great-sounding guitar shapes.
The combination of the 12th fret neck joint and the resulting altered bridge location, creates a richer, mellower sound than many of today's brighter-sounding guitar body shapes.
Matching the rich tone and clear string separation typical of a classical guitar, with the projection of a traditional steel string, the Recording King Century Series ROS-626 guitar's OOO12th fret shape gives guitarists the best of both worlds.
- Body shape: 12th Fret OOO
- Top material: Solid AA Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back material: Solid African Mahogany
- Side material: Solid African Mahogany
- Top bracing pattern: Fully Scalloped X-Bracing
- Top braces: Scalloped Spruce
- Neck material: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Neck profile: Vintage "V"
- Neck joint: Hand-Cut Dovetail
- Fretboard material: Ebony
- Scale length: 25-3/8"
- Number of frets: 20 (12 open)
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1-13/16"
- Headstock type: Slotted
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Headstock inlay: None
- Tuning machines: Grover Butterbean
- Body binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Rosette: 3-Ring
- Top purfling: Herringbone
- Fretboard inlays: Diamond and Square, Pattern 1
- Fretboard binding: None
- Bridge material: Ebony
- Bridge shape: Pyramid Style
- Saddle: Bone
- Bridge pins and endpin: Ivory with Black Dot
Carefully built to be true to its historic origins, the 12th Fret 000 is a fingerstyle player's dream instrument.