A limited-run Starla with a Santana headstock and a Bigsby vibrato.
The Bigsby-armed PRS Starla Ltd. Electric Guitar takes all the features and quality of the original PRS Starla and adds the retro-inspired look of a slightly modified Santana/SC-DC 245 headstock. The Starla Ltd. is the result of conversations with artists who love what PRS's Mira and Starla guitars offer, but want to take the vintage vibe one step further. This production run includes just 30 with Bigsby tailpieces.
The single-cutaway Starla Ltd. has many vintage themed appointments including vintage-style tuners, and a Bigsby B5 tail piece and a Grover Tune-o-matic-style bridge. PRS highlights the solid mahogany Starla body a 24-1/2" scale rosewood fingerboard, a wide fat mahogany neck and dot inlays.
The Starla Ltd. also includes exclusive Starla Treble and Bass humbuckers with proprietary alnico magnets that contribute to the guitar's unique clean and crisp sound, but are also capable of rich harmonic overtones when driven. A push/pull coil-splitting tone control expands the Starla guitar's tonal range with single-coil sounds. Other features include a uniquely shaped black plastic pickguard, tone and volume pots and a 3-way blade pickup selector. PRS includes a hardshell case with the Starla Ltd. Bigsby guitar.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Style: Single-cutaway Starla
- Body wood: Slightly carved thin mahogany
- Finish: Acrylic urethane
- Case: hardshell
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Set
- Headstock: Slightly modified Santana shape
- Fretboard wood: Rosewood
- Neck shape: Wide fat
- Inlays: Dot
- Bridge: Bigsby B5 tailpiece/Grover Tune-o-matic-style bridge
- Tuners: Vintage-style tuners
- Hardware type: Nickel
- Misc: Coordinating colored pickguards & matching truss rod cover
- Treble pickup: Starla Treble humbucker
- Bass pickup: Starla Bass humbucker
- Pickup switching: volume and push/pull coil-splitting tone control with 3-way blade switch
Starla LTD Electric Guitar W/ Bigsby Specifications:
- Scale length: 24.5"
- Fretboard radius: 10"
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut width: 1-11/16th