PRS Custom 24 Quilted Maple 10-Top Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose
(Grey Black Ebony Fretboard)
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The original PRS solidbody upgraded with modern refinements.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars' first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since.
For 2014, the Custom 24 features PRS's patented tremolo system, new maple top colors, a rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid "Paul Reed Smith" signature, and PRS's uncovered Metal pickups.
Pickup Switching Positions:
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
Pattern Regular Neck Shape
Neck shapes have always been a high priority and a hallmark of quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. The new "Pattern Regular" neck shape is similar to the traditional PRS regular neck found on guitars made in the late 80's at PRS's former Virginia Avenue location. This new neck shape reflects modern tooling and programming that allows PRS to even more precisely shape and consistently reproduce their necks.
Quilted maple 10-top
A very small percent of the maple trees cut in North America are actually figured. To make "10-Top" status, a PRS top must have clearly defined figure across its entire top with no "dead" spots. A guitar designated as a 10-Top will usually have a small "10" written on the back of the headstock in the upper right corner. Some of our earlier guitars have the "10" stamped into the finish in the same position.
- Carved 10-top quilt maple top and mahogany back
- Mahogany neck with pattern regular neck shape and rosewood fretboard
- Uncovered Metal humbuckers and 5-way switch
- Nickel hardware including Floyd Rose tremolo and locking tuners
- Includes case
This is one PRSweet guitar. Order today.
Custom 24 Quilted Maple 10-Top Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Specifications:
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple (Quilt)
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Headstock Inlay: Rosewood Veneer with Inlaid Signature
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Tremolo
- Tuners: Locking Tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: "Custom"
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: Uncovered 59/09 Treble
- Bass Pickup: Uncovered 59/09 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Switch