PRS Custom 22 Quilt Artist Package Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
The Classic PRS solidbody upgraded with modern refinements and the Artist Package of premium appointments.
The Custom 22 is a classic workhorse with all the tones you’ve come to expect from your PRS with a distinctive, warm midrange and clarity. The Custom 22 features a Pattern mahogany neck and HFS treble and Vintage bass pickups wired for the redesigned 5-way blade switch, which offers a dual humbucker option for the first time (see switching positions below).
HFS treble and Vintage bass pickups were first offered in the 1990s and helped to define the sound of the time by providing a balance of aggressive, musical, clear highs and strong midrange and bass.
Pickup Switching Positions:
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck single-coil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge single-coil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
Pattern Regular Neck Shape
Neck shapes have always been a high priority and a hallmark of quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like “home,” as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. The new “Pattern Regular” neck shape is similar to the traditional PRS regular neck found on guitars made in the late 80s at PRS’ former Virginia Avenue location. This new neck shape reflects modern tooling and programming that allows PRS to even more precisely shape and consistently reproduce their necks.
Now Available with PRS Artist Package
The PRS Artist Package is an exclusive platform for PRS core electric guitars that offers expanded features, options, and colors on select models. The guitars built through this program are the most distinctive instruments available from the PRS Core production line. Available for the first time since 2008, the PRS Artist Package has been updated with exceptional tone woods, including an artist grade (flame or quilt) maple top, select mahogany back, premium Mexican ebony fingerboard, ebony headstock veneer with inlaid signature, and ebony truss rod cover.
- Carved Artist grade quilted maple top
- Select mahogany back
- Pattern mahogany neck with Mexican ebony fretboard
- HFS humbuckers and redesigned 5-way switch
- PRS tremolo and locking tuners
This is one PRSweet guitar. Order today.
Custom 22 Quilt Artist Package Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Artist Package - Standard Appointments
- PRS Artist Package guitars come standard with an artist grade maple top, premium Mexican ebony fretboard, select mahogany back, ebony headstock veneer with inlaid signature, ebony truss rod cover and new artist bird inlays and hybrid hardware. An Artist case is included.
- Top Wood: Carved Quilted Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Mexican Ebony
- Neck Shape: Pattern
- Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Bridge: PRS Stoptail
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: "Custom"
- Hardware Type: Hybrid
- Treble Pickup: HFS
- Bass Pickup: Vintage Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with Redesigned 5-Way Blade Switch
- Top Option: Flame or Quilted Maple
- 10-Top Flame or 10-Top Quilted Maple
- Neck Option: East Indian Rosewood
- Hardware Option: Gold
- Finish Option: Special Order Finish
- Other Option: Uncovered 57/08 Treble & Bass Pickups