Music Man John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 7-String Electric Guitar
Extended Range Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A 10 year collaboration produces a more evolved signature model.
The awesome 7-string Music Man John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 Electric Guitar commemorates 10 years of collaboration between Music Man and Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci. With a slightly enlarged contoured alder body, ebony fingerboard with custom JP inlays, and 24 jumbo frets, the Petrucci signature guitar also has a select mahogany neck. The updated body shape has a slightly thinner upper horn and a more symmetrical bridge end profile. The guitar's body is chambered for added acoustic resonance.
The Petrucci JPX-7 guitar neck is super secure with a 5-bolt joint and a rounded heel that lets you comfortably access the entire fretboard. Black chrome hardware includes a custom John Petrucci Music Man piezo floating tremolo, and reliable Schaller M6-IND locking tuners.
The John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 is loaded with high-output humbucking pickups and a piezo pickup built into the tremolo bridge for both scorching electric and sweet acoustic guitar sounds. Traditional magnetic pickups include a DiMarzio Liquifire humbucker in the neck position and a DiMarzio Crunch Lab humbucker in the bridge position.
A specially-wired 5-way switch gives you access to the individual pickup coils so that you can combine them in both traditional and unique ways making the Music Man Petrucci guitar a sonic powerhouse. Traditional pickup controls include master volume and tone knobs. The acoustic piezo pickup gets its own separate volume control. A 3-way toggle switches you from the magnetic pickups to the piezo pickup, or combines both.
Dual output jacks give you the option of running either Piezo/Mono (output 1) or Magnetic/Stereo (output 2). Music Man includes a hardshell case with the signature John Petrucci JPX-7 guitar.
- Style: double cutaway chambered 7-string
- Body wood: alder with maple top and mahogany tone block
- Body finish: high gloss polyester
- Body colors: Barolo
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo, made of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles. Black finish
- Neck wood: select mahogany
- Fingerboard: ebony, Stainless Steel frets
- Fret markers: custom JP inlays
- Neck finish: high gloss polyester
- Neck colors: color matches body
- Tuning machines: Schaller M6-IND locking in black finish with black buttons
- Truss rod: adjustable – no component or string removal
- Neck attachment: 5 bolts – perfect alignment with no shifting; sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic shielding: graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: volume (500kohm) and tone (.022µf tone capacitor), Volume (Piezo pickup)
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Pickups: 7-string DiMarzio Liquifire humbucker – neck; 7-string DiMarzio Crunch Lab humbucker – bridge; piezo pickup (built into tremolo bridge )
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26w-36w-46w (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240)
Order a signature guitar that really does have it all!
John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 7-String Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Body size: 12-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (31.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Scale length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
- Frets: 24 – jumbo profile, wide
- Pickup switching: 5-Position blade:
- Position 1. coils 1+2 (series)
- Position 2. coils 1+4 (parallel)
- Position 3. coils 1+2 and 3+4 (parallel)
- Position 4. coils 2+3 (parallel)
- Position 5. coils 3+4 (series)
- (Bridge pickup: coils 1 & 2; Neck pickup: coils 3 & 4)
- Pickup switching: 3-Position toggle:
- Position 1. Piezo pickup
- Position 2. Piezo and magnetic pickups
- Position 3. magnetic pickups
- Output one: Piezo/Mono
- Output two: Magnetic/Stereo