Music Man John Petrucci BFR 6 Koa Top with Piezo Electric Guitar
Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An exciting signature model that lets you instantly go from incredibly heavy electric guitar to sweet acoustic sounds without having to switch guitars.
The John Petrucci Ball Family Reserve BFR 6 electric guitar was designed in conjunction with the world-renowned Dream Theater guitarist. This exciting signature model features beautiful honey bursted koa top on a mahogany body. A select maple neck has an adjustable truss rod and 5-bolt mounting for perfect alignment and stability. A sculpted neck joint allows access to upper frets and a 24-fret ebony fingerboard has wide, high-profile frets and Custom John Petrucci Shield position markers and a mother-of-pearl BFR inlay at 12th fret. The Ball Family Reserve BFR 6 John Petrucci signature guitar is loaded with Schaller locking tuners.
The John Petrucci BFR 6 electric guitar gives you incredibly heavy electric guitar tones, but also gives you the option of great sounding acoustic guitar tones. DiMarzio LiquiFire neck and Crunch Lab bridge humbuckers deliver the extended lows and stinging treble tones that Petrucci uses. A standard 3-way toggle lets you select neck, bridge or both pickups. A push/pull tone control gives you the option of all 4 coils on or just the two middle coils. A second toggle (on the upper bout) lets you select the standard magnetic pickups or the Piezo acoustic pickup, or both! The under-the-bridge piezo electric pickup lets you instantly go from rockin' electric guitar tones to sweet acoustic sounds without having to switch guitars. A separate volume knob controls the piezo pickup. The Music Man guitar's dual jacks give you the choice of running output either magnetic/stereo, or piezo/mono, or both. The Music Man John Petrucci signature guitar comes in a hardshell case.
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making guitars and basses exclusively in the United States. Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of their heritage in instrument craftsmanship that features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare heritage pieces are offered in limited runs and makes available to the public instruments that were previously reserved for the Ball family and their loyal artists.
- Model: John Petrucci BFR 6 with Piezo
- Body wood: honey bursted koa top on a mahogany body
- Body finish: high gloss polyester
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles
- Neck wood: mahogany
- Fingerboard: ebony, Stainless Steel frets
- Fret Markers: Custom John Petrucci Shields and mother-of-pearl BFR inlay at 12th fret
- Neck Finish: gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Color: All black neck with black headstock
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic shielding: graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume and tone - .022 ÂµF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio LiquiFire,
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Crunch Lab
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26w-36w-46w (RPS Slinkys #2240)
John Petrucci BFR 6 Koa Top with Piezo Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Size: 12-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (31.8 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Weight: 8 lbs, 7 oz (3.83 kg) - varies slightly
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
- Headstock Size: only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - high profile, wide
- Neck width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret