- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A tribute to the skill, craftsmanship, and love put into every Martin guitar.
The Martin X-Series Origins dreadnought acoustic guitar pays homage to the heart and soul of the guitar maker—the skilled crafts-people who meticulously build their world-famous Martin guitars.
You may recognize some of them if you have ever taken Martin's factory tour. They are: Gregory Dillard (top left: band sawing neck billets), Susan Cummings (center left: rosetting, hands only), Joel Toth (center left: neck shaping), Larry Fehnel (bottom left: side bending), Joe Silvius (top right: re-sawing mahogany sides), George Savercool (center right: color matching Rosewood backs and sides), Karen Kuntzman (bottom right: joining backs). Their combined experience totals over 118 years. Below the bridge, the facade of the new Martin Museum & Visitor's Center is depicted. The artwork, created by Chris Martin's cousin and artist extraordinaire, Robert Goetzl, is carefully imbedded into the HPL material of the guitar top, closely replicating Goetzl's original hand-painted watercolor.
- Body size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Custom design by Robert F. Goetzl on High-pressure laminate
- Back material: Indian rosewood pattern High-pressure laminate
- Side material: High-pressured laminate
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Scale length: 25-3/8''
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4''
- Bridge material: Black Richlite
- Bridge style: Belly
- Tuning machines: Black enclosed with small buttons
- Case: 345 hardshell
The Martin guitar is a true piece of art. Get your hands on this amazing instrument while you can. Order now.