Martin X Series DX1RAE Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Left Handed Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Lefty with Indian rosewood body, Sitka spruce top, and Fishman electronics.
Martin has always made prudent use of natural resources, especially rare or endangered tonewoods. At the same time, it's committed to building guitars of superior tone and playability that are affordable to every guitarist. The X Series more than meets both of these criteria.
Martin guitars from the X series feature patented high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce top, patented mortise and tenon neck construction, and professionally installed Fishman electronics. The result: great-sounding, great-playing guitars, that are environmentally friendly, and priced to fly out the door. This is one of Martin's best values ever. The X Series affirms Martin's commitment to providing an affordable and competitive option to players dedicated to live performance.
The 6-string Martin DX1RAE left-handed acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 fret platform, a dreadnought body design producing big, round sound. Pairing the Sitka spruce top with the Indian rosewood-pattern HPL back and sides, the DX1RAE lefty guitar belts out rich clarity and plenty of projection. The mortise and tennon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics.
The left-handed Martin guitar's stratabond neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of wood under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The modified low oval neck shape, 25.4" scale, 1-11/16" nut width, and 16" radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This X Series Martin acoustic-electric guitar features proven Sonicore pick-up technology with the Fishman Sonitone system featuring "easy access" volume and tone controls conveniently and strategically located just inside the sound hole.
Dressed in a satin finish and featuring chrome tuners, chrome hardware, this lefty guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin acoustic guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.
The Martin DX1RASE lefty guitar arrives stage ready-just plug them in and play. All X Series guitars also include a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Case sold separately.
- Solid spruce top
- Rosewood back and sides
- Fishman electronics
- Case sold separately
X Series DX1RAE Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Model: DX1RAE
- Neck construction: mortise and tenon neck joint
- Body style: Left-handed D-14 fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top bracing pattern: A-Frame ''X-1''
- Top braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back material: Indian rosewood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side material: Indian rosewood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck material: Natural Stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Indian rosewood Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard material: Black Richlite
- Scale length: 25.4''
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Finish top: Hand Rubbed Finish
- Bridge material: Black Richlite
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed with small buttons
- Recommended strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor bronze (msp4100)
- Bridge & end pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: Sold separately
- Interior label: Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone