Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A classic Martin body with modern refinements, including high-quality Fishman electronics.
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars. With electronic imaging contributed from a 1967 vintage D-35 "donor" guitar, the resulting acoustic as well as amplified tone is projective, balanced and resonant. Classic and enhanced D-35 appointments include a three-piece back, black pickguard, ivoroid bindings, a certified European spruce soundboard with thin 1/4" width bracing, and Fishman F1 Aura Plus electronics. The visual appeal of the original D-35 is captured and blended with a High Performance Neck taper for easy action and enhanced playability.
Comes with a 445 hardshell case.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: D-14 Fret
- Top: European spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X"
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 1/4"
- Back Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 35
- Side Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: European spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indiean rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained ivoroid with multiple black/white Boltaron inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Soild black ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # of Frets: 20 (14 clear)
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 - mother-of-pearl dots
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s style belly with drop-in saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
- Saddle: 16" radius/compensated/white tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome enclosed with large buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
You can always count on Martin for qualtiy crafstmanship and sound. Order today!