Martin Retro Series 000-18E Acoustic-Electric Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Takes a classic Martin body shape and adds the element of amplification for a wonderful mix of sight and sound.
Martin's groundbreaking Retro Series represents the most significant advancement of our era in amplified acoustic sound. Based upon a beautiful 1940 14-fret 000-18 "donor" guitar from the Martin Museum collection, this 24.9" short-scale model produces clear and expressive response for stage or studio use. It features a solid Sitka spruce with solid genuine mahogany back and sides, scalloped "X" top bracing, and solid black ebony fingerboard with an Old Style 18 rosette and (green abalone)Boltaron fingerboard inlays. Other appointments include a modified low oval profile neck with Performance Artist taper, Grover nickel V97-18NA Sta Tite tuning machines, a 1930s style belly with drop-in saddle bridge style, a Delmar Tortoise pickguard, and dovetail neck joint.
With modern performance and playability, the 000-18E Retro offers the visual and tonal integrity of the mahogany auditorium guitars of the pre-war era.
Includes 433 hardshell case.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Soild SItka spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 1/4"
- Back Material: Solid genuine mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid genuine mahogany
- Binding: Tortoise brown
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indiean rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid black ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Soild black ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- # of Frets: 20 (14 clear)
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - green abalone
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s style belly with drop-in saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
- Saddle: 16" radius/compensated/white tusq
- Tuning Machines: Grover Nickel V97-18NA Sta Tite
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Black with white inlay
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise color
- Case: 433 Hardshell
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
Order this beautiful Martin today!