Martin OMM Orchestra John Renbourn Acoustic Guitar(Natural) Sku #H71008000001000 Martin H71008 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Fantastic sound and playability with deluxe Martin refinements worthy of John Renbourn's signature.
The OMM Orchestra John Renbourn Acoustic Guitar features Martin's OM design, with a 15-inch body and long (25.4-inch) scale. It's ideal for fingerstyle playing with excellent balance and projection. The back and sides are Madagascar rosewood. The Italian alpine spruce top provides clarity and dynamic range. The soundboard has 1⁄4-inch scalloped bracing for maximum responsiveness.
The neck is carved from solid mahogany. While the neck's 1-3⁄4 inch width at the nut – with a low oval profile for playing comfort - is an original Martin OM design element, the diamond volute and slotted headstock with square slots are reminiscent of guitars from the late 19th and early 20th century. The tuners are likewise vintage inspired; Golden Age nickel tuners with ivoroid buttons and engraved plates.
In contrast, the ebony headplate and fingerboard showcase Martin inlay artistry at its best. The polished headstock features richly detailed unicorn inlay in abalone pearl, gold and white mother of pearl, and micarta. The fingerboard provides the "canvas" for unique mother of pearl pentangle (five-point star) position markers at the third, fifth (2), seventh, ninth, twelfth (2), fifteenth and seventeenth frets.
Additional vintage-inspired features complete the Martin OM John Renbourn Custom Signature Edition. The ebony pyramid bridge is fitted with plain ebony bridge pins: the endpin likewise is plain ebony. Fine herringbone purfling and delicate black/white line purfling encircle the top and back, respectively, each protected by grained ivoroid binding. The endpiece also is grained ivoroid, framed by fine black/white inlay. The nut and compensated saddle are crafted from bone. True to fingerstyle – and early Martin – tradition, the guitar comes sans pickguard. Aging toner on the top adds to the vintage-style patina. The body showcases Martin's flawless polished gloss lacquer finish, while the neck receives a satin finish.
- Model: OMM John Renbourn Custom Signature Edition
- Construction: Dovetail Full Gloss
- Body Size: Orchestra Model, 000/OM 14-Fret
- Top: Italian Alpine Spruce
- Rosette: Three Ring – Style 28
- Top Braces: Sitka Spruce, Scalloped 1D4" Width
- Back: Madagascar Rosewood - 2 Piece
- Back Purfling: Fine Herringbone
- Caution Stamp: "C. F. Martin & Co., Nazareth, Pa"
- Laser Stamped Between 1st And 2nd Back Braces
- Block To Read:
- (Laser Etched Martin Logo) Custom Artist John Renbourn Serial Number
- Sides: Madagascar Rosewood
- Ribbon: Spanish Cedar
- End Piece: Grained Ivoroid With .0325" Black/White Inlay Binding: Grained Ivoroid with Fine Herringbone Top Trim
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: .0325" Black/White Neck: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Low Profile Shape With Diamond Volute
- Truss Rod: Two Way Adjustable
- Headstock: Slotted Square Tapered With Square Slots
- Headplate: Genuine Ebony With Right Facing "Unicorn" Inlay
- Tail And Back Front & Rear Legs: Select Abalone Horn: Micarta – Eye: Mother Of Pearl – Mane In Gold
- Mop Tip Of Tail, Body, Forward Front And Rear Legs: Standard Abalone
- Headstock Binding: None
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid Nut: Genuine Bone (On The Flat)
- Fingerboard: Genuine Ebony Scale Length: 25.4"
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12Th Fret: 2 1/4"
- Side Position Dots: White, 3Rd, 5Th, 7Th, 9Th, Double At 12Th, 15Th, 17Th
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Fingerboard Inlays: Pentangle Position Markers
- 1 At 3Rd, 7Th, 9Th, 15Th, 17Th Frets, 2 At 5Th Fret, 12Th Frets
- Finish Body: Polished Gloss Lacquer, Dark Filler
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss Lacquer, Aging Toner, No Masking
- Finish Neck: Polished Headplate Only, Satin Neck, Dark Mahogany Stain & Filler
- Bridge: Genuine Ebony Straight Pyramid Bridge
- Bridge Spacing: 2 1/4" Saddle: Genuine Bone, Drop In Saddle, Compensated
- Tuning Machines: #2508-N Golden Age Slotted Engraved Nickel Tuners
- Strings: Msp-4100 Light Gauge Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & End Pins: Plain Black Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Style #533 Geib Style Hardshell Case
- Interior Label(S): Personally Signed By John Renbourn
- Numbered in Sequence without Total
Does it get any better than this? Reserve yours now.