Martin HD-28E Retro Series Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar(Natural) Sku #H86965000001000 Martin H86965 ACA 6 String Acoustic-Electric Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A classic herringbone dreadnought with modern electronics and a high performance neck.
The HD-28E Retro is a modern re-creation of the classic herringbone Dreadnought. Channeling legends like Hank Williams, this guitar carries a distinct prestige that can only come from the Retro Series collection.
C. F. Martin & Co. is inviting musicians to take a trip back in time with the introduction of a groundbreaking guitar technology available in the new four-piece Retro Series: D-18E Retro, D-45E Retro, HD-28E Retro, and OM-28E Retro. Paying homage stylistically and sonically to the iconic classic Martin guitars of the 1930’s and 40’s, this series features traditional non-cutaway Martin guitars incorporating significant advancements in plugged-in sound reproduction. The series exquisitely captures a sought-after sound, melding traditional models with state-of-the-art technology, and will appeal to musicians and guitar aficionados alike.
Martin designers dove back into the rich history residing in the Martin museum and chose world-class examples to use as “tone donors.” These guitars include a 1942 D-45, a 1941 D-28, a 1937 D-18 and a 1934 000-28 (long-scale) on loan from Vintage Instruments. Each of these guitars possesses unique tonal characteristics that can be attributed to the passing of time. The premise was to convince the new guitars into electronically behaving as if they were the museum guitars.
Developing the new Retro Series electronic foundation, Fishman electronically infused the essence of the museum instruments into the newly created Martin counterparts, a new technology for both companies. To build upon this “vintage-conditioned” sound, Martin Guitar teamed up with Fishman and Grammy Award -winning producer Bill VornDick at his historic Mountainside Studios in Nashville for a multi-step process. They utilized VornDick’s private collection of rare vintage and boutique microphones, many of which date back to the 30’s and are iconic recording industry microphones. This collection adds unique coloring to the plugged-in sound, reminiscent of the first microphones these museum guitars would have ever encountered in the professional recording studio.
The Retro series instruments are vintage in appearance but will have enhanced playability including a modern “High Performance Neck™” taper and modified low oval profile. They will all have the new Fishman F1 Aura + electronics system featuring “Easy Mode” with three pre-blended mic/pickup presets and all of the programmability and tweakability of the original F1 Aura in “Performance Mode. “
Great for studio or live, this series reproduces the pristine sound that until now could only be accomplished in a highly-controlled studio setting with talented engineers.
VornDick said it best after hearing the finished product, “The plugged-in sound of these instruments is by far, the best reproduced acoustic sound I’ve ever heard.”
- Dreadnought body size
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Standard ''X'' scalloped, forward shifted bracing
- High performance neck
- Fishman F1 Aura Plus pickup system
Experience the vibe and exceptional electric sound of this special guitar. Order today.
HD-28E Retro Series Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:
- Model: HD-28E Retro
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: none
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Tortoise Colored Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus