Martin Grand J12-16GTE Left-Handed Acoustic Electric Guitar
Left Handed Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Solid tonewoods to give you exceptional sustain and an incredibly balanced tone.
The Left-handed Grand J12-16GTE Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar features Martin's jumbo body design for an increase in tone and volume. Like many of Martin's classic guitars, the J12-16GTE is constructed from all solid tonewoods. The back and sides are genuine mahogany. For the top tonewood, Martin uses a Sitka spruce soundboard, braced with a 5/16â scalloped bracing pattern. The neck is joined to the body with Martin's new simple dovetail neck joint. Add to this a fast Performing Artist neck taper, and you've got a guitar that's easy-to-play, with a ridiculous amount of sustain. This combination of tonewoods, neck joint, and bracing pattern gives you an instrument with a lot of sustain, volume, and balanced tone between the bass, mid, and treble frequencies.
Playing in the studio or live on stage? No problem. The J12-16GTE has got you covered. It comes equipped with the D-Tar Wave Length Multi Source pickup system that gives you a superior sound with exceptional headroom. Add to this a hardshell case, and you're ready to play anything the band can throw at you.
- Left-handed version
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 17'' Grand J-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Bold Herringbone
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard X, Progressively Scalloped Tone Bars
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: None
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: None
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # of Frets Clear: 14
- # of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-13/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed with Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze 12 Str X-Light Guage (MSP7600), sold separately
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Includes case: 593 Geib style
- Interior Label: Paper label
- Electronics: D-Tar Wave Length Multi Source
Order this grand dame guitar today!