Martin D-42 Madagascar Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar(Madagascar Rosewood) Sku #H83183000001000 Martin H83183 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Massive tone and vintage style come together in this beautifully crafted instrument.
With back and sides in premium solid Madagascar rosewood and a Sitka spruce top, the D-42 Madagascar Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is enhanced with vintage appointments found on many Martin pre-war classic guitars. Massive bass response balanced with articulate highs makes the D-42 a fine choice for the discerning player. Vintage features include "X" scalloped bracing, traditional Martin Style 45 snowflake fingerboard inlays, elegant grained ivoroid bindings on the top and lush ebony fretboard, and gold tuning gears with butterbean knobs.
- Powerful dreadnought design
- Great-sounding combination of solid spruce top and Madagascar rosewood back and sides
- High performance neck with smooth black ebony fingerboard
- Bone nut and compensated saddle for improved sustain and intonation
Order today and you'll never regret it.
D-42 Madagascar Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Specifications:
- Model: D-42
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Abalone Pearl with Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/SquareTaper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Abalone Pearl
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid with Black/White Boltaron Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflakes - Select Abalone Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner ; Sunburst available at additional cost.
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Case: 640 Molded