Martin D-28 Marquis Acoustic GuitarProduct #514510 Martin 514510 ABA 6 String Acoustic Guitars https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
As close as you can get to a Golden Era D-28 without a second mortgage.
Crafted to evoke the same powerful tone and sonorous projection as a pre-WWII D-28, the Martin D-28 Marquis Acoustic Guitar differs only by using the much less scarce, and therefore more affordable, Indian rosewood instead of Brazilian rosewood. Using only premium-grade solid Indian rosewood for the back and sides and a solid Adirondack spruce top, the Marquis Guitar delivers powerful sounds with scalloped Adirondack spruce braces and forward-shifted X-bracing. A special aging toner gives the wood a vintage countenance.
The list of historically accurate details, nearly overwhelming and totally exhaustive, captures the authentic spirit of the Martin D-28: mahogany blocks/dovetail neck joint construction, slot-through saddle, herringbone binding, neck dart, zipper back marquetry, ivoroid binding, herringbone top trim, Waverly butterbean tuners, and old-style wood fiber rosette.
The Martin D-28 Marquis also has a beveled and polished tortoise pickguard; ebony bridge with long saddle; modified V-shaped neck; ebony fretboard (1-3/4" nut, 25-2/5" scale) with diamond and square inlays; and fossil ivory nut, saddle, and bridgepins (with black dots).
The Martin D-28 Marquis Acoustic Guitar is a lovingly crafted Indian rosewood version of the discontinued D-28GE. Includes case.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Solid Adirondack spruce top
- Scalloped 5/16'' Golden Era solid Adirondack spruce braces
- Forward-shifted X-bracing
- Solid East Indian rosewood back
- Sitka Golden Era back braces
- HD Zig Zag back purfling
- Solid East Indian rosewood sides
- Old-style wood fiber inlay rosette; Style 28
- Grained ivoroid endpiece
- Black/white wood fiber endpiece inlay
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Fine herringbone top inlay
- Black/white fiber back inlay
- Genuine mahogany neck
- Mahogany blocks/dovetail neck joint construction
- Modified V neck shape
- Fossilized ivory nut
- Solid/long diamond/tapered headstock shape
- Solid Indian rosewood headplate
- Grained ivoroid heelcap
- Solid black ebony fingerboard
- 20 frets
- 25-2/5" scale
- Neck/body joint at 14th fret
- 1-3/4'' nut width
- Diamonds and squares long pattern fretboard inlays
- Solid black ebony bridge
- 1930s style belly - long saddle bridge
- 2-5/16'' string spacing at bridge
- 16'' radius/fossil ivory bridge saddle
- Nickel open gear tuners w/butterbean knobs
- Fossil ivory w/black dots bridge and end pins
- Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze strings (recommended)
- Tortoise color/beveled and polished pickguard
- Polished gloss/dark filler body finish
- Polished gloss/aging toner top finish
- Semi-gloss/dark mahogany stain/dark filler neck finish
- Includes 545 Geib-style case
Out of Martin's esteemed special-edition series comes the D-28 Marquis, a guitar that resonates with rich, harmonic tone and is visually distinguished by classic Martin appointments. Make sure you get yours—order today!