Martin D-28 Louvin Brothers Acoustic Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Very limited run of Sitka spruce and solid East Indian constructed D-28 with special artwork honoring late great musical duo.
The late country and gospel duo, the Louvin Brothers, are the inspiration for this D-28 Louvin Brothers limited edition model. Based off a D-28 CFM 1955 model, the solid Sitka spruce top is printed with the album artwork from the Louvin Brothers album Satan is Real. The dreadnought 14-fret body is constructed with solid East Indian rosewood and the modified low oval neck is mahogany. The tuners are nickel wafflebacks with oval knobs. The interior label of each guitar will be signed by CFM IV and numbered in sequence with a total run size of 50.
- Construction: Mahogany blocks/Dovetail neck joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' - rear shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28
- Side Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White boltaron
- Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple black/white boltaron
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid genuine mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified low oval with Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Long diamond/Square taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian rosewood/Golden Era style
- Heelcap: Grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid black ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 - Mother-of-pearl dots
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back and Sides: Polished gloss
- Finish Top: Polished gloss with printed Louvin Brothers artwork
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge Style: Mod 30s Style - Drop-in saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Nickel waffleback with oval knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge and End Pins: Bone with black dots
- Pickguard: None
- Case: 545E Geib Style
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV and Ken Louvin, numbered in sequence with Total (50)
This special guitar is "ready to go home" with you. Order yours before they're all gone.